Compare the best UK Casinos
Our top 10 online casinos for UK players have been carefully selected for your entertainment. However, we understand that every punter has their own wants and needs and might look for a casino with specific features, such as VIP programme, mobile-friendliness or fast payouts. The points in the section below are elements that you should be aware of when making your decision in choosing the best UK online casino. Let's start finding out more about these amazing casino sites.
The recommended top UK online casinos listed on CasinoTopsOnline have been through a rigorous internal vetting process. Our casino rankings are based on thorough play-testing, secret shopper customer service reviews, and lastly, the deposit & withdrawal processes and timelines are tested.
Here are some of the approval points an online casino must achieve before being a CasinoTopsOnline approved UK casino:
- Regulated: We only accept online casinos approved and licenced by the UK Gambling Commission. A licenced UK online casino ensures a safe player environment and financial security;
- Superior customer experience: Our online casino experts have personally play-tested, vetted, and approved the brand. Our hands-on approach to vetting casino brands ensures we present you with the very best in terms of gameplay, service and withdrawal processing. We have a very strong “No-Spam” policy which needs to have adhered;
- Game selection: The United Kingdom has a rich gambling history and therefore any quality online casino has to offer a variety of online casino games selection in order to meet our selection criteria;
- Deposit options: Each and every recommended UK casino must provide you with a good selection of trusted deposit options to ensure you can manage your deposits and withdraw your cashouts to your preferred banking option;
- Fast cashouts and withdrawals: We only recommend UK casino sites with proven track records of speedy payouts – no matter how large the win. Our top 10 rated UK casinos payout within 24 hours and have no limits on deposits and withdrawals!
Nowadays, there are some benefits to playing online casino UK. We went through most of the casinos in the UK, to find out more about the benefits players receive by playing on these platforms. Below, you have a list of some of the best benefits:
- The Gambling Commission ensures that UK players have trusted, financially stable, and crime-free casinos to play at;
All online casinos sites in the UK adhere to strict codes of conduct ensuring all player complaints are responded to as a matter of law
Financial regulations require player and business funds to be separated, this ensures all player withdrawals are paid in full;
All regulated UK online casinos adhere to and abide by the ruling of the UK Court of Law. Each and every regulated UK casino is required to ensure your confidential information is secure and untouchable by 3rd parties.
As a resident of the United Kingdom, you find yourself in the fortunate position of living in a country which has regulated online gambling. As a punter, this offers you great peace of mind as only licensed online casinos can offer their services to players within the UK. In any instance where there should be a dispute in terms of winnings, payments or even general queries, your best interest is being watched over by the UK Gambling Commission.
The UK Gambling Commission’s job is to safeguard players from any malpractices and to ensure that players are safe when gambling online. UK casinos will need to pass through rigorous tests before their licence to operate is granted and to stay in operation, the UK Gambling Commission imposes a number of controls to ensure no online casino is in a position to abuse casino players in any way.
The UK Gambling Commission is one of the most respected regulatory bodies in the casino sphere and UK casino players should rest assured that their safety and security are always a priority to the UK Gambling Commission.
UK Gambling Commission Guarantee
When playing at an UKGC-licensed online casino, players are guaranteed a safe and secure gambling experience. But how exactly do they make sure to uphold this guarantee? Not only does this institution subject every online casino site UK to rigorous vetting, but they also make sure that the online casinos make the necessary arrangements to protect their customers, as well as the integrity of online gambling. Below are the safety nets that the UK Gambling Commission for all British gamblers.
- UKGC logo with valid licence registration link: The footer of each UK-licensed casino should display the official logo of the UKGC, as well as provide the registration number of their Remote Gambling licence, with a valid link towards the official licence registration page;
- Licensed gambling activities: When viewing the licence registration, you will find the “Licensed Activities” section. This displays all the gambling solutions the online casino is allowed to offer. If the online casino offers any other service not specified on the licence registration, one can report this to the UKGC;
- Terms and conditions: Online casinos must allow players to access a Terms and Conditions page, which explains the terms of service in clear layman's terms. Should the Terms and Conditions be updated, the player is to be notified of the changes well in advance;
- Responsible gambling: The online casino site must provide the player with tools that help them stay in control of their gambling behaviour. This must include deposit limits, session limits and a self-exclusion option;
- Game rules: Every casino game provided on the website, whether slot machines or live dealer games, must display the rules of the game and the RTP% (Return to Player Percentage) where applicable;
- Terms and conditions of casino bonuses: Every promotion or bonus offered by the online casino must clearly display the terms and conditions before the player can opt-in;
- Protection of customer funds: The online casino must have an SSL-encryption implemented on the website, and offer banking options through reputable third-party payment providers;
- Professional customer service: Every player must have access to a customer service helpline or live chat in order to resolve any disputes, complaints or questions they might have in a timely manner.
We hope that these points have given you, as a player, some insights in how the UK Gambling Commission is looking out for you and tries to make online gambling as safe as possible. Please keep in mind that the UKGC does not resolve disputes or complaints one might file with the online casino itself. Should you have a complaint regarding money or otherwise, players are advised to take this up with the casino they are registered at.
Look out for the best UK casino bonuses
Pay special attention to sites that offer special UK casino bonuses – including no deposit bonuses – along with tournaments, special promotions and progressive jackpots. Many top UK online casino sites offer a variety of different bet limits too for players who love high rolling on their favourite games.
Live Dealer Games are the UK’s favourite
The top UK online casinos are live casinos featuring live dealers for popular live casino games such as blackjack and roulette. One thing that stops some gamblers from visiting UK casinos online is their lack of trust for random number generators and automated dealing systems. So when you play at an online casino with a live dealer, you'll enjoy peace of mind knowing that you're dealing with a real person!
For online casino sites to cater to all UK casino players, they must stock a huge selection of games or risk losing players to competitors. Apart from having the most popular casino games, the best UK online casinos only work with the best game providers in the industry to ensure the gaming experience is second to none.
If you’re a table game aficionado and looking to learn to ropes or improve your game, you’ll be pleased to discover that we’ve created a number of game guides to help you boost your bankroll. The following are the game guides that we have crafted in order for you to improve your game:
Traditionally, UK online casinos accommodate an array of different currencies such as Sterling, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, the Japanese Yen and Euros, among other currencies. When seeking out the UK's best casino, it's important to look for an establishment that deals in your local currency, as this not only makes the betting process easier, but it also ensures you won't lose out if the conversion rate is weak on the day when you wish to cash out and withdraw your winnings.
Need to Travel
Can Play From Home or Mobile Device
No Welcome Bonus
Welcome Package is Almost Always Present
Many Promotions Available Throughout The Year
Limited Number of Tables
Limitless Number of Tables
Few Slots Available
Limitless number of Online Slots
We know that customer service is a key factor in determining whether a casino deserves to be labelled Best UK online casino or not. We recommend casinos that have a proven track record of speedy and attentive service, coupled with several layers of support such as email, telephone, and most importantly 24/7 live chat! Keeping you happy, informed and engaged must be the number one priority of any online casinos in the UK if it is going to be CasinoTopsOnline approved!
Before making a deposit, remember to check the UK online casino's player policy. Not all casinos accept players from all regions of the world, so it's absolutely vital that the online UK casino you select accepts players in your country.
Otherwise, you may end up in a terrible position of being unable to collect your winnings – that's every gambler's nightmare, really!
Top UK online casinos are a huge draw for British residents in particular, as the UK's HM Revenue & Customs division does not tax casino winnings, residents of other regions may face a tax on winnings.
When it comes down to the availability of online casinos that accept UK players, there are plenty of them. But the very best casino bonuses for UK-based players can of course only be found at UK-facing online casinos. These online casinos usually only accept British residents as players, catering fully to their needs and interests.
CASINOS ONLINE DEDICATED TO UK PLAYERS
Casinos like Grosvenor Casino and All British Casino are just two brands that are completely dedicated to the entertainment of British nationals. Not only will you find English speaking customers support representative ready to answer all your queries, but you can also be assured that any legal documents like terms and conditions are written in comprehensive and fluent English.
This gives a sense of security that UK casino bonuses are genuine on this website and the online operator knows what they are talking about.
Bonuses may come in the forms of deposit bonuses, no deposit bonuses or welcome packages. For all these bonuses we have dedicated pages explaining the inner workings of the different bonuses you will encounter at online casino sites. Bonus funds will always be paid out in British pounds (£) and terms and conditions such as minimum deposits and maximum are likewise.
To make your life easier, British casinos will always have the most preferred payment methods by British natives available. Whether you like to use your Visa or Mastercard for your transactions, or an e-wallet like PayPal, Skrill or Neteller, these will all be available at the best UK casinos.
Let us know if you have any comments or questions regarding selecting the best UK online casino for you to play at, we’re happy to help in any way that we can. Contact us now and share your thoughts.
You might be aware that there are different terms for free spins or free rounds that you can spend on slot machines. In fact, here at CasinoTopsOnline we refrain from addressing free spins as “Free Spins” unless they are actually free. Meaning that once the free spins bonus comes with no wagering requirements to fulfil, they can truly be called “free”.
If the free spins offer does have wagering requirements attached to them, then we would simply call them “Bonus Spins”. This way we can ensure that players will not encounter any nasty surprises and we aim to offer clear and transparent bonus descriptions across all our bonus offers.
Customer Support Departments
No online casino can afford to have a sub-par customer support department. These days, customer support is considered as one of the main pillars that keep the ship afloat, especially when considering that agents are the players’ direct point of contact.
Any negative experience will have a direct impact on any top UK online casinos' reputation and a handful of mishandled issues will undoubtedly see players flock off to competitors.
Any online casino looking to stand the test of time is well aware of this notion, which is why a considerable investment always goes to the customer support department to resolve issues in a timely manner while at the same time, mitigating negative experiences. There are a number of ways players can get in touch with a customer support agent, which include:
The live chat function is the easiest and most convenient way of getting in touch with a customer support agent. Most UK online casino sites have their live chat function available around the clock and if they don’t, they will display their working hours on their ‘Support’ or ‘Help’ page.
Issues or queries handled through the live chat function will be handled and resolved in real-time and it’s in the best interest of both the player and the agent to have issues resolved as fast as possible. Almost all support agents at online casinos in the UK are native and very experienced, so you can rest assured that nothing will be lost in translation.
Customer Support agents can handle any issue a player might, regardless of its magnitude and we can guarantee that more often than not, any problem will be resolved in a matter of minutes.
E-mail is a popular method of getting in touch with a support agent because it gives the player time to lay out the problem in the most detail that they can. Every online casino site in the UK has email as an option and while most of the time online casino sites have a dedicated contact form, the email address can usually be found in the ‘Support Section’ or in the Terms and Conditions.
The email function is available at any online casino and is usually a secondary option to the live chat feature.
The telephone is the more traditional way of getting in touch with a support agent and some players find it more reassuring speaking to an agent. All agents are highly trained to handle any sort of issue and telephone etiquette plays a major role in player satisfaction, so you can rest assured that every call with being handled with extreme care.
All UK online casinos have a dedicated telephone line for customer care and this usually can be found in the ‘Support’ or the ‘Help’ section as well as in the terms and conditions.
CAN I LEGALLY GAMBLE AT ANY UK CASINO?
Yes, citizens of Great Britain are legally allowed to gamble at regulated UK online casinos sites. The 2005 Gambling act made it legal for licensees to own and operate online casinos in the United Kingdom, and offer UK players safe and secure gambling services. This means it is not only 100% legal but also 100% safe as the casino has to pass stringent Gambling Commission regulations before being allowed a licence to operate in the UK.
CAN I SAFELY DOWNLOAD CASINO SOFTWARE?
Yes, you can. You have the safety of regulation ensuring the casino software provided for download is safe and secure. All secure online casino sites are protected by state of the art SSL encryption. You can double-check this for yourself easily by reading the casino website address. A secure website will begin with “https” and you can trust the software it offers. We have done all of this legwork for you, play with only the best UK online casinos by choosing those we recommend.
DO I HAVE TO DOWNLOAD CASINO SOFTWARE?
No. The best casinos offer mobile casino play, in-browser gambling (play on their website) and download (for those who prefer to play with secure software on the laptops or computers). If you prefer to play on the website or on your mobile device read our UK casino reviews for the right casino for you. It is important to note that while mobile gaming is easy and portable it can sometimes mean you have a smaller game selection. Be sure your favourite game is available on mobile casinos when you gamble on the go.
WHICH ARE THE BEST WELCOME BONUSES?
The best UK casino welcome bonus for you will depend on what you want from your online casino. Our recommended casinos offer several variations of deposit bonuses plus free spins. Keep in mind that when you receive a bonus from an online casino it will have wagering or playthrough requirements. This can mean wagering 20-30x the value of the bonus or your deposit value in order to cash out your winnings. There are also restrictions on which games can fulfil these requirements. As a rule, online blackjack and online roulette can only fulfil a fraction of the wagering while slots can be used to fulfil 100% of the wagering requirements.
CAN I TRUST UK CASINO PAYOUT PERCENTAGES?
Yes, you can. The payout percentages listed are backed up by certificates issued by 3rd party appraisal companies. These companies audit the gameplay logs of the top UK online casinos' servers to ensure they are paying out at the correct levels. This ensures you have a fair chance of being a winner at your favourite casino.
Online gambling is meant to be a form of escapist entertainment like going for a night out with friends or having a hobby you really love. If you feel that you’re not able to manage your gambling on your own, the United Kingdom offers several organisations to assist you with problem gambling
- GamCare: A national UK organisation offering free support and counselling for both the prevention of and the treatment of problem gambling;
- Gamble Aware: A national organisation focused on promoting healthy and responsible gambling while offering support to those in need of guidance with their gambling habits;
- Gamblers Anonymous: Bringing like-minded individuals together in a safe and anonymous environment to receive support and counselling around problem gambling;
- NHS Gambling Addiction: The founders of the National Problem Gambling Clinic based in London, but open to referrals from all over the UK. You must check this out in case of need;
- UK Gambling Commission: The governing body charged with regulating online and offline casino gambling for Great Britain, including local lotteries.