At CasinoTopsOnline we want to make your life easier, so we offer the best reviews and advice based on the trusted sources. It is our job to choose and rank the best casinos out there for German players, so you can choose the online casino that is best for you. Our unique ranking system helps our German players find online casinos with top security features, a wide variety of games and timely payouts.
Best Online Casinos in Germany
Online German Casinos Guide
On this page you will find our recommended casinos list which is based on a list of criteria to help players gamble in a safe way. Our German online casino guide has all the relevant information so that you can make informed decisions when choosing the best online casinos for you!
Best German Casinos
|Rank Casino Name Bonus Offer Secure Link|
Choosing the Best Online Casino in Germany
There are hundreds of casinos out there to pick from. But what are the most important factors to pay attention to? Whether you are a seasoned player or a complete newcomer, there are a few things you want to keep in mind when finding your casino of choice:
- Casino Licensing: Check that the casino has a licence from a good jurisdiction. You can often find this in the footer of the site. Most top-ranked German casinos are licensed by Malta Gaming Authority or United Kingdom Gambling Commission;
- Customer Care: If you have an issue with the site, can you speak with someone any time to try and sort it? If a casino has 24/7 live chat or phone, this makes the process much easier! This is a sign of a great casino;
- Game Selection: Nowadays, casinos stock their lobbies with a great variety of slots and table games including classics such as roulette, blackjack and baccarat as well as poker. Popular game providers in Germany include Quickspin, Netent, Novomatic and Microgaming. Some casinos also have a separate sports-betting section;
- Deposit Options: You should be able to pick from a number of payment methods that are secure and safe to use, such as eWallets and bank/card transfer. Popular payment methods favoured by German players include Skrill and Neteller amongst others;
- Languages: Although most casinos will use English as a default language, it is now a requirement that licensed casinos are to provide their site in German as well;
Scroll down to the next sections to find out which unique qualities of each of these criteria make certain casinos the best option for German players!
Best Ranked Online Casinos in Germany
Online casinos are a fun way to earn cash prizes from wherever you’re most comfortable, and millions around the world enjoy them. These are the top 10 most popular online casinos in Germany.
1. Vulkan Vegas Casino - Up to €1000 + 175 FS
Vulkan Vegas is the top-rated online casino in Germany, with a huge selection of classic games for you to try. We love this website for its well-designed game hall and live tournaments, which you can participate in yourself. This online casino also works well on mobile devices, so you can enjoy Vulkan Vegas on whichever device you prefer.
Overall, Vulkan Vegas is the top platform for a reason, as it has plenty of user optimization, support and entertainment.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Interac, direct bank transfer, Skrill;
- Support: Email, live chat, phone.
2. Jackpot Village Casino - 200% up to €500 + 50 FS
This online casino is host to over 1,200 games like blackjack, poker, scratch games, and slots. Seventy quality providers work with Jackpot Village, so there are many sources of content available. The live casino is where the most authentic experience is, where you can find access to live dealer games.
If you prefer slots, there are select options that go up to an impressive RTP of 98%. Jackpot Village has it all in terms of quality and quantity, which is why we recommend it.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Paysafecard, Skrill, Interac;
- Support: Email, live chat.
3. Winny Casino - Up to 10% Cashback
Winny Casino is a brand new, highly rated online casino that’s worth visiting for its quality user interface and great games. Their platform is specially optimized for mobile devices, so you’ll have no issues playing on the go. If you’re looking for a particular game, you can search for it with their convenient filter system.
Despite being new, German players are already loving this service and so will you. Signing up is an easy process, so you should try it out to start earning real cash prizes.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Trustly, EcoPayz, Paysafecard, Klarna, iDEAL, direct bank transfer;
- Support: Email, live chat.
Full Winny casino review.
4. Yaa Casino - 200% up to €200 + 10% Cashback
Yaa online casino has a well-conceived, functional, and entertaining website that German players love. The satisfying slots and live dealer table games offered by Yaa make it one of the best online casinos out there. These games number over 1,500, so there are plenty of options for you to enjoy.
Some of our favourite providers are at Yaa online casino, like Play’n GO, Microgaming, Betsoft, NetEnt, and more. For these reasons, we can safely recommend this website for all types of online players.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, ecoPayz, Paysafecard, Interac;
- Support: Email, live chat.
Full Yaa casino review.
5. Casigo Casino - 200% up to €200 + 100 FS
Casigo is the fifth rated online casino in Germany, with ample user support and noteworthy games available to play. These include Book of Dead, Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Agent Jane Blonde, and Queen of Alexandria, to name a few. Check out their hall of fame to gain access to the highest-profile games with great cash prizes.
This casino has more than 80 providers making up their catalogue, with some of the best among them. Registration is a simple process, so you can see for yourself today.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Skrill, Interac, Trustly, Neteller, Paysafecard, Apple Pay, direct bank transfer, Paypal;
- Support: Email, live chat.
Full Casigo casino review.
6. 888 Casino - Up to €1500 + 30 FS
888 online casino gives German players access to fun and entertaining branded slots, like Green Lantern, Justice League, and Top Gun. They’ve won several awards for their platform, and their quality shows no sign of stopping. This website is also friendly to new users, as it’s clean, well designed, and categorized.
We’re very impressed with this online casino’s history and selection of games, so it’s easily recommended. With huge cash prizes and big names, this website is hard to beat.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, PayPal, Neteller, Postepay, Skrill, Trustly, WebMoney, Astropay, iDebit, Apple Pay;
- Support: Email, live chat.
Full 888 casino review.
7. True Flip Casino - Up to €1000 + 150 FS
True Flip online casino is a highly rated platform with constant live chat support for users in need of help. With over 1,500 games offering real cash prizes, True Flip is one of the best places to try your luck. It boasts titles from the likes of Betsoft, Evolution Gaming, IGT, iSoftBet, Booming Games, and others.
Their service is also accessible to those who use cryptocurrency as their preferred payment method. For these reasons, True Flip online casino is always a safe bet.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, direct bank transfer, Much Better, Ecopayz, Paysafecard, Neteller, Bitcoin, Neosurf, Ethereum, Tether, AstroPay Card, SticPay;
- Support: Email, live chat, phone.
8. Moi Casino - 200% up to €200
Moi Casino is a new online casino with tons of games and multiple supported languages, including German. Its most popular titles right now include Gonzo’s Quest Megaways, Mega Moolah, 4 Horsemen 2, Book of Gods, and Starburst. By registering with Moi Casino, all of these games and more become available to you.
For those new to online casinos, their website is very clean and organized when compared to other websites. This allows for easy navigation when it comes to their broad selection of slots and table games.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Quickbit, Interac, Ecopayz, direct bank transfer, Zimpler, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafecard, Bitcoin;
- Support: Email, live chat.
Full Moi casino review.
9. 20Bet Casino - 100% up to €120 + 120 FS
20Bet is a good choice when it comes to online casinos, with an extensive live casino section as well as slot and card games. There are an astounding 4,000+ games on 20Bet, with a wide range of real cash prizes and return-to-player rates. We especially enjoy their simple and easy website design, which lets players find their favourite games and sections quickly.
20Bet is deserving of its praise, as it values user convenience, simplicity, and entertainment above all.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club International, Skrill, Discover Card, Neteller, Ecopayz, Interac, Jeton, Perfect Money, Litecoin, Ethereum, Bitcoin;
- Support: Email.
Full 20Bet casino review.
10. Duelz Casino - 100% up to €100 + 200 FS + 10% Cashback
Duelz online casino is popular in Germany for its unique features, live casino games, and interesting design. There are more than 1,000 slots for you to play, and their live casino section is run by Evolution Gaming, a renowned provider. With Duelz, you can play casino games in competition with other real players, which is an engaging new twist on the classic format.
If you’re looking to try something new with online casino gaming, look no further than Duelz for its exciting interactive features.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Paysafecard, Euteller, Skrill, Trustly, Entercash, Zimpler, Interac;
- Support: Live chat.
Full Duelz casino review.
Online Slots for German Players
When it comes to virtual slots, online casinos are usually better equipped with a great selection even more varied than what you would find at land-based casinos. German players can find a large number of video slots, classic slots and fruit machines by leading software providers including Novomatic, Microgaming, NetEnt, Yggdrasil Gaming, Playtech and Big Time Gaming at online casinos.
It is important to note that there are specific rules for slots offered to German players which may differ from other markets:
- Players in Germany can only bet a stake of €1 per game;
- Each slot game will last at least 5 seconds;
- Autoplay in slots is not allowed.
Have a look at the top four slots in Germany.
Casino Bonuses for German Players
Keen players in Germany can benefit from plenty of great bonuses, all in Euro! Without needing to convert currency, German players in mind, you can easily get the best freebies to enhance your gaming experience. It's important to read the terms and conditions, as always, so that you can be aware of what the bonus requires and if there are any payment methods which are excluded from the offer.
Best Bonuses for German Players
|Rank Casino Name Bonus Offer Secure Link|
Types of Casino Bonuses in Germany
There are so many kinds of bonuses to benefit from. You can find any combination of these bonuses at a casino when you play! The type of bonus offered will mostly depend on which type of casino you are playing at. For instance, a slots casino will have more free spins on offer, but one with more of a focus on sports betting may offer more free cash or deposit bonuses.
- Deposit bonuses - money or free spins which you receive as a gift when you deposit money with the casino;
- No deposit bonuses - these are free money or spins which you get for signing up, without needing to place money with the casino;
- Welcome package bonuses - A collection of bonuses that you receive when signing up. The most frequent welcome bonuses are a combination of deposit bonuses and free spins;
- Free spins - a number of plays on a certain slot game. You don't need to spend any money to play when using free spins;
- Reload bonuses - a bonus, usually of a match bonus or free spins, given to you when you top up your account;
- Free cash bonuses - money was given to you to bet with. Usually has a rollover requirement;
- VIP bonuses - bonuses given to players who have spent a lot of time playing with a single site;
- Refer a friend bonus - you'll get this bonus when somebody signs up to the website on your recommendation, usually using a referral code.
For more information on the most common types of casino bonuses, click on the icons below:
Customer Service in Online Casinos in Germany
Keep in mind that there are several factors to consider when choosing the right online casino for you. If you have any questions on how to play a particular game or you have troubles having your winnings paid out, you need to rely on the online casino to provide you with the best customer support available.
Customer support can come in different forms, depending on the casino in question. These are the types you'll find on any good casino:
- Live chat - This is a chat box where you can talk to a customer support agent in real-time. This is the quickest option for sorting out any issues directly and is usually available 24/7;
- Email - This is usually sent by the email address directly or through a contact form. Your issue can be resolved fairly quickly, but less so than on phone or via live chat;
- Phone - This is a less common option for casinos, but if available it can be nearly as fast as live chat to sort your issues.
Payment Methods for Players in Germany
There are plenty of payment methods available to players based in Germany. It depends on what the casino in question accepts, but you have many payment options to choose from. A casino would have the payment methods they accept on a separate payments page or in the terms and conditions. Just keep in mind that you may have to withdraw any winnings on the same method or account that you deposited with.
German players will want to ensure that the casino site in question offers EUR € as an option when depositing and withdrawing. Almost all online casino sites do, so this shouldn't be an issue! Before signing up at any online casino, make sure you read over the available deposit and withdrawal methods to make sure you are able to conduct your transactions securely.
Most casinos will not have a fee for using certain payment methods and if so, it will be clearly listed either on the Payments page or in the terms and conditions. On the other hand, we advise checking with the payment provider you wish to use as you might be charged fees for using the service to fund a casino account.
Online Casinos With PayPalRead more
PayPal has won multiple awards and is viewed as a faster and easier way to pay online. Nowadays, it is also a preferred payment method for online gaming. It is currently available to players from the following countries: UK, Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Italy, Portugal and Sweden. PayPal comes with many advantages including low risk, convenience and optimisation for any device.
Online Casinos With PaySafeCardRead more
PaySafeCard is a pre-paid voucher available at more than thousands of local shops throughout Europe. They come in increments of €25, €50 and €100. No registration is required, funds are instantly credited. It is not required to use the full value in a single transaction. PaySafeCard is used for deposits only. You can withdraw by wire transfer, cheque, and other methods available on their site.
Online Casinos With Credit CardRead more
MasterCard and Visa credit cards are the easiest and most widely used direct payment method. Amex cardholders can use their American Express card at most US Online Casinos. A casino that offers Visa and MasterCard can be deemed as a secure and trusted casino. Certain fees may apply with every transaction or on a monthly basis, depending on which company you use.
Online Casinos With SkrillRead more
Skrill/MoneyBookers is a secure and convenient method to transfer funds online, providing real-time instant payments. You do not need to expose any credit card information when you play at online casinos.. You can fund your Skrill account using credit/debit cards, bank transfer, instant electronic funds transfer, GiroPay and other payment methods in over 30 countries.
Withdrawal Times for German Players
The time it takes for the funds to reach your account depends entirely on the withdrawal amount requested, the casino’s processing time and the payment method selected. If the withdrawal amount is considered to be high, further KYC and AML checks might be required before the casino can allow your request to go through.
The majority of casinos aim to have their processing times under 72 hours. To make sure that the withdrawal time is kept as minimal as possible, we recommend that you send over all the necessary documents to the casino support team. You will receive details of what is required via email.
After the casino has accepted your withdrawal request, it all depends on the payment method you had previously chosen. Some methods such as e-Wallets provide instant payouts whereas bank charges might take up to 5 days.
German Mobile Casinos & Apps
Mobile casinos are at the cutting edge of the gambling market and are available in all the German states. Some casinos simply have a mobile-optimised version of their site and others have a casino app that would be available for download on Android and iOS. The best casinos accept a wide variety of mobile-friendly payment methods such as e-Wallets and Pay by Phone.
Online Gambling Regulations in Germany
In September 2011, the Schleswig-Holstein Parliament passed the gambling reform. This new law allowed casinos and poker rooms to apply for a licence that is regulated, meaning that the government would still have control over gambling activities, but it would be legal to operate.
This only covered players in Schleswig-Holstein in Germany, and you had to be a resident of the state to play at these licensed casinos. On the other hand. many casinos abroad that accept European players do accept German players, no matter which state they're in.
With the new legislation being agreed upon in 2020, the gambling scene is set to change in Germany in 2021. From the 1st of July 2021, gambling online will be fully regulated in every state in Germany. This new legislation comes with a set of requirements including:
- Casino operators need to have a registered office in the EU or EEA;
- The website must have a German version which has to include all the necessary information in German;
- Players must create an account that will be used to play on platforms by different providers;
- Monthly deposits on websites are limited to €1000 per player across all operators;
- Each operator must have an easily found opt-out button which leads to a 24-hour exclusion;
- Auto-play is no longer allowed in virtual slots and each virtual slot game must last at least 5 seconds;
- The stake for virtual slots is limited to €1 per game;
- Poker players must be assigned to a virtual table on a random basis and only poker variants without a banker will be permitted;
- Online gambling advertisements are not allowed between 6 am and 9 pm;
- Live betting is no longer allowed.
While the current regulations might still seem confusing, there really is nothing to worry about from the player’s side. It is completely legal for players based in Germany to gamble online. In addition to that, you can rest assured that we recommend only licenced and valid online casinos to our players. If you prefer to play at physical casinos locally, Berlin, Duisburg, Stuttgart, Hamburg, Baden-Baden, Bremen and Bad Wiessee (all municipalities in Germany), have a lot of land-based casinos.
Gambling Winnings in Germany
Much like in the rest of Europe, gambling winnings in Germany are tax-free! You can keep 100% of what you win, no matter where the casino you play at is based, or whether it is a local casino or one based abroad. This is applicable not only to casino winnings but also to sports betting and lottery wins.
Best German Online Casinos 2021
Up to €1000
Up to €500
Up to €300
Up to €200
Up to €700
German Helplines for Problem Gamblers
The interest in online gambling has surged over the years and with more people gambling, there was also a rise in people seeking help for problem gambling. Reputable casinos recognise the importance of acknowledging this problem and have set out several measures on their sites to help their players gamble safely.
Such measures include setting limits for daily, weekly and monthly losses as well as being able to time your gameplay and self-exclude if you feel that you need to step away from the gambling scene.
If you or someone you know is experiencing a gambling problem or is showing signs of struggling, we urge you to speak up and seek help. Organisations have been set up in all major countries which offer a number of services and support for problem gamblers. In Germany, you can seek help by contacting one of the following organisations:
Evangelische Gesellschaft Stuttgart e.V.
- Büchsenstraße 34/36, 70174 Stuttgart
- 00 49 (0) 711 2054 345
Universitätsmedizin Mainz, Kompetenzzentrum Verhaltenssucht
- Untere Zahlbacher Str. 8, 55131 Mainz
- 0049 (0) 800 1 529 529
Visit our responsible gambling page for more information on responsible gambling and how to recognise signs of problem gambling.
German Casinos FAQs
Looking for more information about casinos in Germany? Check out our frequently asked questions below.
Can I get a welcome bonus at online casinos in Germany?
Yes - it depends what the casino is offering but players in Germany can benefit from welcome bonuses which might be slightly different from other markets. We recommend that you read the terms and conditions of the bonus before you opt-in for any bonus.
Do all casinos accept German players?
Many, if not all, casinos operating in Europe accept German players. If you are not sure if you can play with real money and collect winnings, you can check the terms and conditions of the website before you register to check.
Is online gambling legal in Germany?
The short answer is yes. The longer answer is that the online gambling industry is going through a regulation change and thus certain elements are not allowed during the transitional period. Glücksspielstaatsvertrag 202, which is the new State Treaty on Gambling will fully come into force on 1st July 2021. Watch this space for more updates.
This page was written in 2018 and is now maintained and updated regularly by John Smith. Should you have any questions or see any discrepancies on this page, feel free to reach out to him at firstname.lastname@example.org. The casino list at the beginning of the page is revised each month, to ensure we only offer the very best casino sites to our readers. For a list of references used to create this page, please see below.
References About This Page
- Germany gambling regulation (ICLG)
- New gaming regulation in Germany (Lexology)
- German Gambling Regulation 2021 Transitional Regime (Lexology)
- Gambling Helplines and Help Centres (European Casino Association)