The concept of gamification is nothing new, but seeing it being used in online casinos is something that takes gambling up a notch. Online casinos that have implemented this feature, seem to become crowd favourites among gamblers. On this page you will not only find an overview of the best gamification casinos out there, but also what makes different traits and features of gamified casinos so appealing. However, these are not your standard run-of-the-mill casinos, and these operators offer an entire new experience to players seeking a more exciting casino adventure
While these new types of casinos might be a lot more fun to play at, they also are a significant game-changer to the future of online gambling. From reward systems to interactive “casino races”, casinos come up with the craziest ideas to give their spin on the classic casino experience.
Best Online Casinos With Gamification
What is Gamification?
Gamification is the integration and implementation of video game features into otherwise normal tasks. Gamification is used in the "real world" too, to make activities more fun for people even when it otherwise be a chore, even if it means they are just folding laundry or brushing their teeth and want a bit more excitement.
Gamification adds an extra layer of entertainment, as well as engagement to a regular casino experience. Over time, we have seen this fun new concept take a foothold in marketing, businesses and online learning courses. More and more corporations and even governmental institutions are getting on board with this new trend.
When users have the option to earn reward points or get a special badge on their user account, people will be more engaged. We can see this on online forums, where users will earn more points if they help out others by being active and providing helpful answers. Users are given reputation scores or custom titles, depending on how active they are in their online community. Not only does it bring a sense of self-fulfillment to obtain a new ranking or badge, but it also triggers our deeply rooted drive for competition. Perhaps this is why adding extra fun to a gamified casino by adding points, leader boards, and rewards works so well.
Since gamification has become a feature of online casinos, things have changed for some of them very drastically. Before 2017 you would have never come across an online casino that uses progress bars, quests, loyalty points or that even allowed players to battle against each other. Given its popularity, gamified casinos are here to stay.
New casinos pop up that give their own spin to the concept, some even turning their product into a full-blown video games (one great example is Duelz Casino). Some casinos chose to use small aspects of gamification, opting for a progress bar or a Wheel of Fortune-type of mini game that players can spin once in a while. At the other end of the scale, there are the casinos that are completely built on the concept of gamification. These casinos use gamification features as the core of how players will interact with their product (i.e gameplay).
There are 7 different types of gamification in online casinos you can encounter:
- Level-up progress bar: This is the most common gamifications feature that casinos use to keep their players engaged. The player is presented with a progress bar on their account, which fills up with experience points the more the players wagers on slots or casino games. When the progress bar is full, the player will gain a new level and will also be rewarded with free spins, bonus funds or cash.
- Experience points: This mechanic usually works in tandem with the progress bar. However, sometimes players are prompted to follow a trajectory based on experience points, rather than just keep filling up a progress bar. With every milestone the player reaches, they will be awarded. It is also possible that other players can see how many experience points they have accumulated.
- Leaderboards: Leaderboards at online casinos are a crowd favourite, for sure. Not only does it give players a very clear goal of beating the players at the top of the leaderboard, but it also gives a sense of satisfaction when you see your own name up on the the board.
- Avatar Creation: Casinos like Highroller Casino allow players to create their own avatar with which they play. This gives gamblers a way to express their creativity, but also make a statement of themselves as an individual player. After all, everyone likes to feel unique.
- Shops and in-game currency: At some casinos, players will be rewarded with in-game currency instead of only experience points. Casinos like Ikibu allow the players to collect Seeds, Metal Casino gives players Met Coins, Rubies can be earned at CasinoHeroes and Coins can be collected or raided from other players at Highroller Casino. These currencies can then be exchanged for special bonuses, status boosts and cash bonuses.
- Map Completion: This is a very fun and engaging way of implementing gamification in an online casino. Casinos like Casino Heroes, Ikibu Casino and Highroller are all products that use this feature. Players are prompted to journey through a 2D map, unlocking new areas and locations as they progress. Progression is made by wagering on casino games or completing assigned missions.
- Player vs Player Function: This can be considered the newest and most exciting addition to the gamification features that casinos might implement on their website. The player vs player function allows gamblers to battle it out amongst each other. You will take on an opponent in a duel or a race and try to come out on top.
Gamification might be a complete new 21st century term, but the trend is much older. Our natural affinity towards achievement, competition and excelling is deeply ingrained in us. We love a good competition, especially among people who share a common interest; like gambling. Another interest that most of us have in common is winning. As simple as it may sound, using gamification features like duelling, tournaments, player vs. player battles and the like, brings out the competitive spirit in us. The bottom line is that everyone likes to win and seeing your name at the top of a leaderboard brings a sense of satisfaction. In addition to that, being able to earn rewards just by playing makes it a little more fun.
This is not only true within online casinos - your local university might use gamification in some of its courses to promote learning abilities in students, making the material easier to remember. By allowing the user to engage more in a product through the excitement of our own brains and curiosity, there is a higher chance that the product will be remembered by the user. You will much more likely remember that cool new startup company that produced an app that allows you to make a game out of your chores than one which produces a simple task list.
The same goes for gamification in casinos; players will feel a much stronger sense of engagement and connection with a casino that allows them to customise the gameplay. Having your own unique avatar that you create makes you feel much more connected with your casino account. By receiving daily mission that you need to complete in order to progress, makes you more inclined to get the benefits from these tasks.
However, there is a downside to gamification within casinos as well. Players might be inclined to deposit more and wager more just to complete their daily missions. It is important that you always have control over how much you gamble and how much you spend - it should always be fun and not something you have to do. Here at CasinoTopsOnline we have set up a handy responsible gambling guide to keep you informed!
How to find the best gamified casino
There are tons of gamified casinos out there - but maybe you aren't sure what to look for when it comes to picking one out? The specifics of what you want out of your gamification experience such as points, or a fun adventure that is involved in your gameplay, are obviously quite important. However there are other factors to consider, especially given that you want the most for your money and sometimes you can get that from a leaderboard, but not something like experience points. In addition to that, there are the other aspects that can make or break the casino experience for a player. So what should you look out for?
- Game selection - The games on offer should be the sort you like to play! If you're a fan of slots but not table games, then picking a casino that mostly offers blackjack or poker isn't going to work very well for you. The games should be plentiful, high quality, and from a provably fair and licensed provider like NetEnt or similar.
- Secure and safe - The casino should be secure, using proper encryption technology on their site, and should also take gamer safety very seriously. If they have robust terms and conditions and privacy policies, as well as a good responsible gaming policy and a licence from a good jurisdiction such as the MGA then you are in safe hands.
- Diverse payment methods - They should have a good range of payment methods for deposits and withdrawals. They should also let you know how long a withdrawal should take, so you can pick the right option for fast withdrawals.
- The right gamification features - Once you're sure a casino is right for you, the only thing is to make sure that its gamification gives you what you want! Are you someone who enjoys levelling up a character, or do you prefer going through a map to unlock new stages? Maybe you want something that's just like a videogame without the extra fuss of being a traditional casino experience - there are slot games where the RNG is hidden entirely behind an amazing adventure in full 3D! Just pick the ones you want the most - we've covered more on this below.
Every online casino that implements gamification aspects does it in their own unique way. However, not all casinos are created equal, we have already concluded that by the hundreds of casino reviews we have published on CasinoTopsOnline. Some casinos just implement these video game features in a different and unique way than others. Implementing a sole progress bar as compared to casino gamification that looks and feels like an actual video game are two completely different things. So if you are looking for these thrilling casinos that offer an entirely new way of online gambling, you might be interested in the table below.
|Highroller Casino||Rizk Casino||Duelz Casino||Ikibu Casino||Voodoo Dreams||Casino Heroes||Lets Bet Casino|
|Level-up Progress Bar||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Shops and in-game currency||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Players vs. Player||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes||No||Yes|
As you can see, the casino industry has come up with some really interesting new concepts to keep players entertained and engaged. Some casinos are really taking the shape of full-blown video games by implementing the features we have described above. If you are looking for a casino that really has it all, then Duelz Casino, Highroller Casino and Casino Heroes are your top choices.
If you are looking for a casino that only uses gamification as a feature and not a foundation, then the casinos Guts Casino, Rizk Casino and Kaboo Casino are right up your alley. These casinos just offer the option to complete small missions and fill up a progress bar for extra rewards, rather than forcing the player to compete with other players.
Gamification casinos give players a whole new source when it comes to bonuses and extras! Many will give out freebies upon levelling up, reaching a certain level of XP, or even by completing challenges! Maybe you have to play a certain collection of games to get a freebie, for example. The bonuses that you can get from these gamified casinos tend to be available over and above the other bonuses that a casino might offer. So, for example, if there is a deposit match bonus but you can win free spins after hitting a number of experience points, you can get both of these bonuses if you qualify! These bonuses make for great opportunities to get more for your money. With leaderboard competitions also giving you the opportunity to win a payout, games within casinos give you the best opportunities to get the most out of your experience.
In addition to their regular bonuses, gamification casinos also tend to link these bonuses with loyalty programs. Loyalty programs typically tend to be a little bit special and reserved only for the players that spend the most, but gamified casinos offer extra bonuses and freebies to anybody for playing, not just VIPs! That being said, this doesn't mean they don't value VIPs and often will have a specialty VIP program or loyalty program just for them.
Since gamification has only started being used within online casino for the past few years, the possibility for further development is endless. We have already seen a massive spike in new casinos with gamification features popping up. Whereas it started with a simple progress bar and a reward system, we now see much more intricate features like storylines and fellow gamblers battling it out in duels.
Whereas SlotsMillion was the first casino to allow Virtual Reality gambling, we can expect this to go hand in hand with gamification as well. Imagine stepping into a complete virtual world where you can sit down at the blackjack or poker table with other real-life players. The possibilities are literally endless and can pose a significant impact in the future of online gambling.
If you want to be part of the new future in online gambling, then go check out some of our recommended casinos with gamification features, where we've selected the best of the best.
Can I get my normal online casino bonus with gamified casinos?
Yes! If the casino offers you a welcome bonus or another bonus (such as a deposit match) you can still benefit from it as well as getting your bonuses from your gamification participating. For example, levelling up and getting free spins won't affect your original welcome bonus.
Do all casinos have gamification elements?
Not all casinos, no. However, we've assembled the best ones here on our site, organised by what they offer, what kind of gamification they provide, and also have a full review for each. When picking a gamification casino, you can expect the same great experience as in other regular casinos.
What are the benefits of online casino gamification?
There are plenty of benefits! The biggest one is the extra potential to get more bonuses and freebies, however they also provide a more in-depth and exciting casino experience which you can't get at a regular casino. With levelling up, points, and experience all forming part of the gameplay, it makes things a little more interesting for the player.