Online Casino Guide for Irish Players
In Ireland, the players are luckily situated in a place where online gambling is not illegal - and any regulated or licenced off-shore casino which accepts Irish players is fair game! With tons of options available for all of your favourite casino games, check out our reviews and top lists to find the right casino for Irish players. Irish casinos will allow players to play slots or card games, live table game, and any other casino classics.
Best Ranked Online Casinos in Ireland
The online gambling industry is booming, and more and more casino operators are joining the iGaming space. But one question asked by most Irish gamblers, especially newbies, is “which Irish online casino is the best?” Well, don’t panic because we’ve got you covered. We have expert Irish reviewers who constantly scan the web to find the most reliable and trustworthy online gambling sites for Irish players.
This review will discuss the top Irish online casinos that you can trust. Read further in this article to learn more about these online casinos.
1. Yaa Casino - 200% up to €200 + 10% Cashback
Yaa is one of the top online Irish casinos that you can trust. The gambling site is regulated and licensed under the laws of Curacao. Additionally, the online casino rewards new players with a 200% bonus of up to €200. At the casino, you’ll have access to an endless list of innovative real money games designed by top developers like Microgaming, Playson, Pragmatic, Evolution Gaming, Quickspin, Neteller, and more.
- Payment methods accepted: MasterCard, Skrill, Visa, Neteller, Interac, Paysafecard, JCB, Rapid.
- Support: Live chat, Email.
Full Yaa casino review.
2. Barz Casino – Up to €1500 + 120 FS
New players at the Barz Casino will be eligible to claim an enticing welcome bonus that’ll be spread over your first three deposits. On top of that, you’ll also receive 120 free spins. Also, you can enjoy top casino game titles from preeminent game developers such as Play’N GO, Microgaming, NetEnt, NYX Interactive, Red Tiger Gaming, and many more.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, Neteller, Revolut, PayPal, Paysafecard, Rapid Transfer
- Support: Live chat, Email.
Full Barz casino review.
3. Vulkan Vegas Casino - Up to €1000 + 175 FS
Vulkan Vegas aims to offer players the best iGaming experience. Upon registration, you’ll receive a sweet 50 no deposit bonus spins. Aside from that, players will also enjoy a mouth-watering welcome bonus (first and second deposit) of up to €1,000 plus 125 bonus spins. Additionally, you’ll have access to an extensive collection of real money games from the likes of Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, Play’N GO, and more.
- Payment methods accepted: Rapid, AstroPay, Visa, Trustly, Neteller, Interac, Visa, Mastercard, Skrill, bank transfer.
- Support: Live chat, Email, Phone.
Full Vulkan Vegas casino review.
4. Rizk Casino - 100% up to €100 + 50 FS
At Rizk, players who are just joining are welcome with an impressive match deposit bonus of up to €500 that’ll be spread over the first three deposits. So when you deposit €100, you can play with €200. Additionally, players will receive an additional 50 bonus spins. Games available at the gambling site are designed by providers like Thunderkick, Evolution Gaming, NetEnt, Microgaming, and many more. You’ll be able to enjoy rewarding features like the Wheel of Rizk and the Rizk Races.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, Paysafecard, Mastercard, Euteller, Skrill, Trustly.
- Support: Live chat, email, phone.
Full Rizk casino review.
5. CasiGO Casino - 200% up to €200 + 100 FS
CasiGO Casino offers its players an incredible bonus right from the first deposit. Upon your first deposit, you’ll receive a 200% bonus up to €200 plus 100 free spins, with an additional 50%, 75%, and 125% match deposit bonus across your subsequent three deposits. You’ll also receive 50 free spins, 75 free spins, and 150 free spins, respectively.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Trustly, Sofort, Skrill, Interac, Neteller, Paysafecard, Apple Pay, PayPal, bank transfer.
- Support: Email, Live chat.
Full Casigo casino review.
6. 888 Casino - Up to €1500 + 30 FS
Licensed by MGA and UKGC, 888 Casino is a top popular and reliable gambling site in Ireland and worldwide. Upon registration, you’ll receive a €88 free no deposit bonus. Once you make your first deposit, the casino awards you a 100% bonus of up to €140. Get up to €1,500 in the premium welcome package on each of your first five deposits. Besides that, you’ll enjoy popular game titles provided by developers like Microgaming, 888 Gaming, NetEnt, Pragmatic Play, Blueprint Gaming, and more.
- Payment methods accepted: MasterCard, PayPal, Trustly, Visa, Yandex Money, AstroPay, Skrill, Apple Pay, Neteller, Interac.
- Support: Live chat, Email.
Full 888 casino review.
7. True Flip Casino - Up to €1000 + 150 FS
Get a unique online gambling experience at True Flip with an incredible welcome bonus. The casino is offering new players an enticing bonus of up to €1,000 or (1BTC). You’ll also get a sweet 150 free spins. Get 150% up to €300 plus 50 free spins on your first deposit, 50% up to €400 on your second deposit, and 100 bonus spins on your third deposit. Additionally, you can enjoy exciting games designed by preeminent software developers like Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, and NetEnt.
- Payment methods accepted: Litecoin, Tether, Ripple, MasterCard, Bitcoin, Visa, Interac.
- Support: Live chat, Email, Phone.
Full True Flip casino review.
8. SuperSeven Casino - 100% up to €100 + 100 FS
SuperSeven Casino is an excellent worldwide gambling site that offers a premium gambling experience to players worldwide. At SuperSeven, new Irish players are rewarded with an exclusive offer of 100% up to €100 + 100 FS. Besides that, you’ll also enjoy tournaments, SuperRewards in the form of level-ups and championships. SuperSeven games are supplied by Microgaming, NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Big Time Gaming, and Pragmatic Play.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa, MasterCard, Skrill, Neteller, Paysafecard, Rapi
- Support: Live chat, Email.
Full SuperSeven casino review.
9. 20Bet Casino - 100% up to €120 + 120 FS
Upon signing up at 20Bet, you’ll receive an enticing match first deposit bonus of 100% up to €120 plus 120 free spins. You’ll also enjoy a second deposit bonus of 50% up to €100 plus 50 free spins. You can use the free spins only on the bonus selected game.
- Payment methods accepted: Skrill, Jeton, Neteller, Interac, MasterCard, Perfect Money, ecoPayz.
- Support: Email, Live chat.
Full 20Bet casino review.
10. Duelz Casino - 100% up to €100 + 200 FS + 10% Cashback
Duelz is another excellent gambling site for Irish players. When you first join the site, you‘ll receive a massive 100% bonus up to €100 plus an additional 200 free spins on the Book of Dead. All you have to do is sign up, activate your account, and make your first deposit. At Duelz, a lot of exciting games and promotions await!
- Payment methods accepted: Sofort, MasterCard, Trustly, Neteller, Skrill, AstroPay, Visa, Neosurf, Much Better, Paysafecard.
- Support: Live chat.
Full Duelz casino review.
How Do We Rate the Best Irish Casinos?
There are a few things you should look out for when finding a casino online. Not all casinos are created equally, but we have assembled the best of the best in our top lists. Our rating guidelines are strict, and we cover all aspects such as fast withdrawals, a good selection of games, and whether the casino is secure.
After all, if you will be trusting a casino with your money then they must tick all the boxes of what makes a great casino great. Here are a few of the things we mark them on when we are listing a casino.
- Regulated: worried that the casino you’re about to register on is not legitimate? All you have to do to find that out is to check whether it has the appropriate licenses from the right authorities. You will usually find all the licence details on a casino’s terms and conditions page. If the casino is listed on our website you can rest assured that it is licensed and regulated. Casinos available in Ireland will not have an Irish licence. Instead, you should lookout for a good one such as from the UKGC or the MGA.
- Customer Care: Online casinos tend to take good care of their customers with most offering live chat services 24/7, making it quite easy to reach a customer care representative. If live chat isn’t available, we expect casinos to have an easily accessible email or phone option. A casino’s FAQ page should also have answers to the very obvious or common questions listed. The most important thing is that you can reach them and speak in English.
- Game Selection: Typically speaking, each casino has a great range of games in its portfolio, but some casinos have an even more extensive game selection with a few casinos having thousands. Slot games will be the most popular, but each casino will have a selection of table games and some will also have a live dealer games option. The games you play from casinos listed on our website are produced by top-notch software developers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Yggdrasil and Quickspin. The high-quality games promise entertaining themes, nice payouts and promised fun.
- Payment Options: Each casino will have several reliable deposit methods for you to choose from like Skrill, Neteller and Paysafecard. These methods are safe, secure, and allow you to withdraw your winnings just as easily as you deposited. Most casinos will clearly list which payment methods they have available and how fast a withdrawal can be, or if you can benefit from instant withdrawals. To put your mind at ease that your money is safe, reputable casinos use SSL encryption to encrypt your data and keep it secure.
- Languages: Luckily for Irish players, more or less all online casinos have English as one of their language options; some will have a larger language selection than others, but English will almost always be an option. All of the casinos we have listed for Ireland use English as an operating language.
- Safety and Security: When a casino is licensed, security is usually a given. Apart from that, every casino ensures safe payment methods to put your mind at rest that your money is secure and that the website itself runs using stringent security protocol.
These are all good indicators of whether a casino is good or not – if a casino has these, then it’s a good sign that the casino is well-run.
Is It Legal to Gamble in Ireland?
Yes, and no. It's not legal to gamble in a land-based casino in Ireland, so players who prefer slots will have to rely on online gambling. Online gambling is completely legal in Ireland, so long as the casino is based abroad. Irish players can at least enjoy the fantastic online selection available to them on the hundreds of great casinos we have listed on our site, from the comfort of their own home.
If you are ever unsure that a casino will accept Irish players, be sure to check their terms and conditions. Usually, they will list any restricted countries (countries that they do not accept) on this page. You should also be physically present within the republic if you try and play at a casino - using VPN software will more often than not disqualify you from playing and you will forfeit any of your winnings or bonuses.
However, if you wanted to play Poker offline, you can play it in a small number of officially licensed poker rooms across the country. If you are a fan of sports betting or betting on races, you will have better luck, as this has been legal in Ireland for many years. It was regulated in the 1930s and has remained legal since then. These can be found online in great poker casinos and sportsbooks, just the same as any other casino game.
Who Regulates Online Casinos in Ireland?
Ireland does not currently have an active regulatory body for licensing and regulating online casinos. For an online casino to offer its services to Irish players, they will need to be registered with the Revenue Commissioner as an online operator accepting wagers from Irish citizens. Local casino operations also have win and wager limits in place for Irish players at Irish casinos.
While Ireland does have certain gambling regulations, laws and amendments in place, Irish punters are free to gamble at any regulated and licensed offshore online casino that holds a European-based licence (Usually granted by the MGA or UK Gambling Commission) and accepts Irish players. As long as the online operator is paying tax in Ireland, the online casino is allowed to offer its services to Irish players. However there are many different gaming regulators across Europe, and many of them are very reputable.
As of 2019, the Republic of Ireland decided to take an updated approach to online gambling and in December 2020 began implementing a nationwide gambling regulator to oversee all gambling practices, especially online. This means that in the future the market will be regulated and online casinos will have to apply for an Irish gambling licence to offer their solutions to Irish residents.
Not only does this make online gambling much safer, but it will also allow for the country to collect respective tax money owed by operators.
What Are the Gambling Laws in Ireland?
Gambling is legal for all Irish citizens and most casinos are licensed by international gaming commissions such as the Malta Gaming Authority, or any European-based legislative body. If a citizen is over 18 years of age, they are allowed to gamble on slot machines and other games of chance.
Players do not need to pay taxes on their winnings and online operators need to part with a 1% tax on their revenue if they are offshore providers. Online poker and sports betting solutions are also legal, meaning players will have the full range of gambling options available to them.
This does mean however that no locally-licensed casinos are offering online betting to Irish customers. This means that the casinos you should be on the lookout for are the ones with the aforementioned licences and which are casinos that operate within the EU. They will all also offer Euro as a payment method, which is great for Irish customers. If you find a local sportsbook or bookmaker in Ireland, it'll just be a land-based operator that doesn't have an online casino site counterpart.
Can I Gamble in Northern Ireland?
Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom, and so would fall under the UKGC’s remit in terms of gambling legislation enforcement. With regards to gambling regulations in Northern Ireland, they fall under neither the laws enforced in the Republic of Ireland nor under the UK Gambling Commission’s legislation policy. The gambling laws set out for Northern Irish citizens effectively come from the Department of Social Development, under the Betting, Gaming, Lotteries & Amusements (NI) Order 1985.
As you can tell, this bill has not been updated since 1985, effectively not covering the online gambling scene that has emerged over the past 20 years. This means that there are no clear regulations or restrictions for players based in Northern Ireland, but it is up to the online operator to choose to accept players from Northern Ireland or not.
We urge everyone to gamble responsibly. Should you need further information, please refer to our responsible gambling guide for information and helplines.
Irish Casino Welcome Bonuses
Probably one of the best things about joining a casino is the welcome bonus that they offer. If you do your homework well here, you might be in for some awesome bonuses to really amp up the casino experience.
- No Deposit Bonus: No deposit bonuses are a bonus that the casino gives you without you needing to add any money to your casino wallet. These can be awarded when you register, as a reward for becoming one of their customers, or they can be credited to you as part of a promotion. Usually, no deposit bonuses have wagering requirements that apply to them, so be sure to read the terms and conditions before you accept one.
- Deposit Bonus: A deposit bonus is when a casino gives you a freebie when you deposit money into your account. Sometimes it’s a special bonus for your first deposit, second deposit, and so on, and sometimes it can be part of a timed bonus – for example, topping up your casino wallet at the weekend. Sometimes these bonuses are a deposit match, so you will receive a percentage of what you deposited over and above that. In other cases, they can be free spins on particular games. The welcome bonuses you choose should depend on how you aim to make use of your time at the casino. If you’re more into slots, then finding a welcome bonus with free spins is probably a smart move, whereas if you’re more into table games, a percentage match up alone could be better for you. Some casinos also offer welcome bonuses based on their sportsbook section, so you’re likely to find what you’re after no matter which casino.
- Free Spins: In some cases, casinos will give you free spins to be used on a particular game, as a gift for registering or depositing. T&Cs apply in most cases, however, you can find those on the terms and conditions page of any promo. Usually, these free spins will be locked to one game or a selection of games, but you can still enjoy yourself playing with them without needing to spend more of your own cash, making them a great option for trying out a new game.
- Either way, make sure to always read the terms and conditions carefully before signing up to any casino for their welcome bonus; the bonuses are typically quite generous, but there may be some requirements that apply, such as wagering requirements or a winnings limit.
Best Irish Online Casinos Bonuses 2021
Some of the best casino bonuses for Irish players can be found on our listings. Here are a few to get you started - read below to find out more about what bonuses at Irish casinos you can find.
||Up to €200
||Up to €1000
||Up to €500
||Up to €100
||Up to €100
Best Irish Casino Payment Methods
There are plenty of payment methods available for Irish casino players, whether you’re after an eWallet solution such as Skrill or if you want to top up by card such as with Revolut. We’ve got a brief explainer on each Irish casino payment method available below.
Revolut Casinos Ireland
Revolut is a payment method that plenty of people love to use – it’s easy to set up, convenient to use, and being mobile-based means that it’s fantastic for Irish casinos. With the ability to switch currency built into the app, it makes it easy to top up your casino wallet or withdraw your winnings fast even if the casino itself doesn’t use Euros. For a full list of Irish casinos that accept Revolut, check our main Revolut payment method page.
Google Pay Casinos Ireland
Google Pay makes life easier to collect all of your payment methods and accounts together. You can link your bank account directly to your GPay wallet. To top up your wallet, you simply need to enter your GPay details on your casino account and your funds can be transferred. It allows fast deposits and near-instant withdrawals and can be used directly on your device, making it great for mobile casinos. Irish casinos using Google Pay make for a great option for Irish casino players.
Skrill Casinos Ireland
Skrill is one of the best-known eWallets on the market, with thousands of users across the globe. It’s no wonder then that it’s one of the most popular payment methods for Irish casinos. With fast deposits and fast withdrawals, and great currency and mobile support, Irish casinos that accept Skrill are very common and a great choice for players who use this payment method.
Neteller Casinos Ireland
Neteller is one of the most widely accepted casino payment methods available in the online casino world. Almost all Irish casinos accept Neteller, so for Irish casino players, this is perfect. With Neteller’s secure system which is accepted in over 200 countries worldwide, and is known for its fast withdrawal system, which can sometimes be an instant withdrawal if the casino is efficient.
Casinos in Ireland which accept Neteller are easily accessible for Irish casino players, so be sure to check our rankings for the best Neteller casinos.
Best Mobile Casino in Ireland
In Ireland, players can access a huge range of casinos from some of the best brands. With plenty of the biggest and best having mobile casino apps or mobile-first sites, options for playing on the go are fantastic for Irish players. Playing on your mobile device or tablet means you don't have to even get out of bed or off the sofa to continue having fun, and these site options make it a seamless experience with no lag, errors, or bad sizing on the site itself.
Mobile casino is available for both iOS devices and Android devices. You should just make sure that your device is up to date and that you are using the most recent version of the app.
If you're unsure as to what to look for in a mobile casino, some good things to look out for are:
- A secure and up to date app, or a well-optimised website for mobile;
- A full selection of games that matches what's available on the site;
- Fast loading and no ads;
- Games optimised for mobile play.
If a casino site offers these features and aspects of a mobile app, you're in good hands!
Best Irish Sports Betting
Sports betting is popular in Ireland, and for good reason – it’s exciting, and fun, with the outcome, never set in stone! Luckily, many online betting sites have perfectly mobile-optimised options for on-the-go use. Casinos like William Hill, 22Bet and Rizk Casino offer great online sportsbook solutions with live odds and updates of ongoing matches.
With many sites offering markets for betting up until the danger zone of a match, the opportunities for betting practically never stop! You can also place multiple / parlay bets before a match or tournament kicks off to see how your bets pan out over the course of a tournament or cup. So, whether you prefer to make your bets before or keep up with the fast-paced action, you can do either from Ireland.
The 5 topmost popular sports to bet on in Ireland are:
Football is one of the most popular sports to place bets on. With two senior divisions in Ireland: the SSE Airtricity Premier Division and the League of Ireland First Division and international leagues such as the Champions League and the Euro, there are plenty of betting opportunities. You can place on whether a club will be promoted or relegated, how many goals will be scored, the overall top scorer, and matches' outcome.
We’ve listed some of the best sportsbooks for Football:
Horse and Greyhound Racing
The first kind of gambling that was allowed in Ireland was solely based on Sports betting back in 2001, with the Horses and Greyhound Races act. This amendment allowed Irish people to place their bets with online bookmakers outside of the country.
We’ve listed some of the best sportsbooks for Horse and Greyhound Racing:
This much-loved sport involves 2 teams of 15 players scoring points by aiming a leather ball towards the other team’s goal. The teams can score either a point for getting the ball over the crossbar or 3 points if the ball lands in the net. Gaelic Football provides betting opportunities on several tournaments including the All-Ireland Senior Football Championship comprised of 33 teams, the National Football League comprised of 32 teams, the All-Ireland Senior Club Football Championship and the Sigerson Cup.
We’ve listed some of the best sportsbooks for Gaelic Football:
Featuring 2 teams of 15 players each, the aim is to hit the sliotar into the opposing team’s goal. There are several types of hurling bets you can make including betting on the winner of a tournament, betting on whether the home team or the away team will win or draw etc.
We’ve listed some of the best sportsbooks for Hurling:
The Irish Lotto can be played either in-store by marking your 6 chosen numbers from 1 – 47, on the payslip or opting for a Quick Pick randomised selection or else you can register and play online in which you can also select your number, otherwise, the Quick Pick option is also available. Every Wednesday and Saturday evening, the lotto draw results are announced. A normal Lotto ticket would cost €4, and for another €2, you can play additional lines. There is also a lottery jackpot which is worth a minimum of €2 million, if the jackpot is not won, the jackpot will increase until it’s won.
FAQ About the Best Irish Casinos
Looking for more information on the best that Irish casinos have to offer? We’ve answered a few of the most pressing questions that players tend to have – check out the answers below.