John Hunter and The Tomb of The Scarab Queen Slot
Join adventurer John Hunter as he delves into the mysterious tomb of the Scarab Queen in his third expedition and you could discover riches galore across 25 paylines! Collect the scarab beetle payouts in the Money Collect Feature in the base game and the Free Spins Feature, where you'll also get the chance to double those wins in an instant! Let's see how the game works in more detail.
Play with Real Money
Accepts players from CA
Accepts players from EU
Accepts players from IN
Accepts players from IE
Accepts players from MY
Accepts players from NZ
Accepts players from GB
Accepts players from WO
- Easy registration
- Fast payouts
- No deposit bonus
John Hunter and The Tomb of The Scarab Queen Theme
While we're all familiar with slots boasting an ancient Egyptian theme, Pragmatic's twist throws in adventurer John Hunter on his third expedition into the unknown. The 3x5 reel set is framed in twisted gold and laid over the purple and orange hues of an Egyptian sunset, complete with windswept dunes and pyramids. Symbols echo the ancient Egypt and adventure mashup with John Hunter himself along with his leather bag and gun belt appearing alongside the Scarab Queen, the sphinx, a pyramid and scarab beetles of various colours. It's via these latter symbols that the game's rich features are triggered, upon which an avalanche of gold coins will cover the reels before the feature's reel set is shown amidst a tomb of riches.
Sound & Soundtrack
As you might expect from an ancient Egyptian themed slot, John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen features a mystical and atmospheric musical score that increases in richness and intensity as you spin the reels. Wins trigger a sound effect that complements the soundtrack as the stringed plucking continues in the background. Trigger the free spins feature and an alarm bell will sound before the feature commences with a slightly more fast-paced flavour to the soundtrack.
John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen offers two different features: a Free Spins Feature and a Money Collect Feature that's available in both the base game and the Free Spins Feature.
Money Collect Feature
The rectangular multi-coloured scarab beetle symbol is the Money symbol. It appears on reels 1, 2, 3 and 4 with various cash values. There are five different coloured scarab beetle symbols that can only appear on reel 5: gold, blue, purple, red and green, with each carrying its own effect on the reels. Where this feature starts to pay off is when one or more money symbols appear at the same time as one of the coloured scarab beetle symbols appears on reel 5, resulting in the following effects:
- Gold Collect Scarab: All shown money symbol values are added and paid.
- Blue Extra Collect Scarab: The value shown on this symbol is added to all shown money symbols before the values are added together and paid.
- Purple Multiplier Collect Scarab: All shown money symbol values are multiplied by the multiplier shown on the purple scarab before the total is paid.
- Red Expanding Collect Scarab: Shown money symbols expand to cover the entire reel with newly added symbols taking a random value before the total is paid.
- Green Respin Collect Scarab: All shown money symbols are held in place for a respin with all money symbol values appearing afterwards added together and paid.
Free Spins Feature
The Free Spins Feature is triggered by finding a pyramid scatter symbol on each of reels 2, 3 and 4. You'll be awarded eight free spins with the Money Collect Feature paying out as usual. In addition, all money symbol values during your free spins will be collected and at the end of the free spins the total value of these money symbols is added to the reels in the form of one giant money symbol that covers reels 1, 2, 3 and 4. One final respin of reel 5 is then triggered and if one of the coloured collect scarabs appears on this reel you'll also win the total giant money symbol value, effectively giving you the chance to double your free spins wins!
Rtp of John Hunter and The Tomb of The Scarab Queen
Pragmatic Play displays the theoretical Return to Player of this game as 96.5%, which is at the higher end of the scale in terms of payout over time.
Tricks of John Hunter and The Tomb of The Scarab Queen
What's nice about this game is the combined effect of both features in the free spins feature, making this the aim of your gameplay. This not only gives you the chance to collect extra value from the money and coloured scarab symbols, it also gives you free spins to do so and the chance to double all your money symbol wins at the end too! And that's in addition to any non money symbol wins you trigger!
Should You Play This Game?
It's easy to get a bit fed up of the very common ancient Egypt theme in slots these days, but Pragmatic's adventurer twist is just one aspect of this game that makes this a must-try. Here are five great reasons to add this to your playlist:
- Unique mashup theme: The addition of Indianna Jones wannabe John Hunter to what would otherwise be a plain old ancient Egypt themed slot makes it really appealing.
- Two features: Even the base game has been juiced up here with the Money Collect Feature, and everyone loves a Free Spins Feature!
- Combination wins: As if having two features wasn't enough, they combine for explosive effects in the Free Spins Feature, with the chance to bag a big bonus win at the end!
- High RTP: Those looking for games at the top end of the payout over time scale should add this to the list.
- Medium volatility: This slot falls right in the middle of the volatility scale, giving a good balance of frequent small wins and rarer big wins.
How to Play for Real
Ready to join John Hunter on his Scarab Queen tomb exploration for real money? Here's how:
- Join one of our reviewed casinos that offers this game.
- Make your first deposit, claiming any available welcome bonuses.
- Find the John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen game, open it and start playing!
John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen might be a long and drawn out name, but it's certainly not a boring game! The adventurer/ancient Egypt mashup works well with a mystical but not overstated theme and good complementary soundtrack and effects. The base game money collect feature adds extra excitement to the gameplay while the free spins feature brings the same benefits with added extras for maximum win potential!
Wondering about something else? Check our FAQs:
Is John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen safe to play?
Yes, you can safely enjoy this game as it has been developed by Pragmatic Play, a legitimate provider of provably fair online casino games.
Is John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen available on mobile?
This game can be played on any device that supports HTML5, which is most modern smartphones and tablets.
What is the RTP of John Hunter and the Tomb of the Scarab Queen?
The RTP of this game is 96.5%.