PayPal Casinos in Canada 2023
PayPal is arguably the world’s most popular and frequently used e-wallet payment option, garnering a fantastic reputation over the past two decades. Online gambling sites frequently offer PayPal in their banking methods, allowing players to make seamless casino deposits and withdrawals with unrivalled convenience. Casino players can benefit from increased speed, security, and practicality compared to other banking options. Throughout this page, we'll tell you everything you need to know regarding PayPal casinos in Canada.
Best Canadian PayPal Casinos for May
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using PayPal
PayPal is a highly popular payment method for various reasons. Users can benefit from speedier transactions at casino sites and an exceptionally straightforward payment process that only requires a username and password to complete. PayPal can link with your debit card or act solely as a prepaid solution, so there are varying ways in which you can use it. Many casino apps and websites offer this payment option, although it isn’t quite as common as conventional deposit and withdrawal methods, such as using credit cards or making a bank transfer. Check below for the main advantages and disadvantages of using PayPal:
- Convenience: Arguably, the main advantage of PayPal over other online casino payment methods is the extraordinary convenience. The digital e-wallet has become a household name due to its straightforward nature. All gamblers need to do is input their login credentials to make a payment, eliminating the need to type long card numbers or bank account information. Making PayPal deposits frees up more time to enjoy casino games, bonuses, and hopefully winnings. This is undeniably one of the main benefits. Moreover, the e-wallet’s mobile functionality makes it even more convenient for players on an iPad or mobile device.
- Security: Another important factor behind the success of PayPal as an online casino deposit method is watertight security. Customers funding their accounts using the e-wallet don’t have to give the casino any actual banking information, with PayPal handling everything with state-of-the-art encryption and security systems. This generates an exceptional level of safety, protecting your credit card and banking details.
- Good Customer Support: PayPal also has a dedicated customer protection scheme that can help you get money back from rogue operators if they fail to payout winnings or casino bonuses.
- Transaction Speed: As with other e-wallets, PayPal generally offers players the fastest way to complete transactions and fund their casino account. While most services, such as Visa or Interac, need 1-3 working days to pay you any winnings, PayPal can complete the process within 24 hours. This will always depend on your chosen casino site, mind you, as there’s nothing players can do to influence how fast an operator processes a withdrawal request. For this reason, we always highly recommend reading reviews to deduce which platform has the best payout speed before completing the registration.
- Accessibility: Unfortunately, there still aren’t that many Canadian casinos offering PayPal as a way to transfer funds to and from your account. The small number of sites in Ontario is a significant drawback to PayPal as an iGaming payment system. Many casino operators stick with other e-wallets or more traditional banking methods, especially if they don’t have as much casino experience or adequate licensing. This is a considerable problem, although there are still plenty of casino sites with PayPal as an option in their cashier sections. Check out our expert review section to find out if your chosen platform has PayPal access.
- Limits & Fees: Another slight drawback to PayPal, compared to some other payment methods at Canadian real money casinos, is the potential limits and fees. While there aren’t usually direct fees for depositing or withdrawing, people can run into issues if different currencies are involved. PayPal’s in-house currency conversion rate is quite steep, so you could end up paying a fee when withdrawing. Unlike most bank methods, PayPal can also have stricter limits on how much you can deposit or withdraw during a month, day, or week. This is one of the main issues for high rollers in particular, so make sure you do enough research before making your final choice.
How to Make a Deposit Using PayPal
PayPal really comes into its own as a payment method regarding its practical and straightforward nature. This is a huge reason behind its popularity, with players enjoying a streamlined user experience that doesn’t require sharing any sensitive personal data other than your PayPal password. Moreover, deposits are usually available to play with instantaneously, so you don’t need to wait before playing. The process is also smooth for iOS and Android devices, which is great for mobile casino software fans. Check below for simple step-by-step instructions on how to make a deposit using PayPal:
Step 1: Go to the Cashier Section
Make sure you’re logged into your casino gaming account and head to the cashier section. This is usually an option on the “My Account” homepage. It may also be called “Banking” or “Deposits/Withdrawals”.
Step 2: Choose PayPal As An Option
Next, you’ll need to select PayPal as your preferred deposit option from the variety of payment services.
Step 3: Input Deposit Amount
After you’ve chosen PayPal as a deposit method, you’ll be asked to input the total amount you would like to deposit. Pay attention to your chosen casino platform’s minimum deposit amount here. We also recommend reading up on deposit bonuses to guarantee you can take advantage. There’s nothing more annoying than missing out on welcome promotions because you haven’t deposited enough. You may also be asked to input a promo code here at some sites, so keep this in mind.
Step 4: Login To PayPal
A PayPal pop-up window will appear once you have confirmed your deposit amount. Input your username and password before pressing “Confirm” on the transaction. Typically, you’ll have to wait a few seconds for PayPal to communicate with your bank account and grant the money transfer. This is a great example of the ease of paying with PayPal. There is no need to input fiddly card numbers or any other information. All you need is your username and password. The PayPal client is also 100% secure, so you don’t need to worry about financial fraud or other dangers.
Step 5: Return To Casino And Enjoy!
After PayPal has completed the transaction, you’ll be automatically redirected back to the casino cashier page. In the vast majority of cases, your cash will be instantly available in your bankroll. Afterward, there is nothing left to do but enjoy playing casino slots, blackjack, baccarat, roulette, live dealer titles, and more.
How to Make a Withdrawal Using PayPal
Making a PayPal casino withdrawal is similarly straightforward. The e-wallet payment service grants players a streamlined way to claim jackpots via seamless money transfers. Generally speaking, PayPal is one of the fastest ways to claim your winnings, although this will always depend on how fast your chosen operator processes payments. One thing to remember is that you may be hit with additional fees. Researching the potential cost before withdrawing is crucial. This isn’t a problem for small money transfers, but it can get more expensive when more winnings are on the line. Additionally, most casino sites will only support PayPal withdrawals if you used PayPal to make a deposit, so keep this in mind. Here is how to make a withdrawal using PayPal:
Step 1: Navigate to Cashier
As with deposits, you must navigate to the cashier section to start the withdrawal process. Log into your account and find the “Withdrawal” option to begin.
Step 2: Select PayPal From The Payments Range
Click on PayPal from the list of withdrawal options.
Step 3: Decide How Much To Withdraw
Once you have chosen PayPal as a withdrawal option, you’ll need to decide how much money to take out of your account. This is where learning the withdrawal limits comes in handy. Most Canadian online casinos set the minimum withdrawal to C$20 and the maximum to C$5,000 per transaction. Choose an amount between these two values and press “Confirm”.
Step 4: Satisfy ID & KYC Checks
In line with worldwide gambling regulations, Canadian online casinos must check your identity before allowing you to withdraw real money. This involves completing KYC checks, so make sure you have personal documentation at hand if you haven’t already completed this step.
Step 5: Confirm Withdrawal
Once you have completed any KYC checks and input your withdrawal amount, simply press “Confirm” to complete the process. The casino will already have your PayPal credentials saved from your deposit, so you can just sit back and relax. After the payments team has processed your request, the funds should hit your account within 24 hours.
Our Favorite PayPal Casino Sites
Our expert review team has scoured the Canadian online casino industry to find the best PayPal casinos for each type of customer. Check below for our findings:
|🎁 Best for Casino Welcome Bonus||LeoVegas Casino|
|💸 Best for Banking Options Variety||Casimba Casino|
|💳 Best for Quick Withdrawals||Pokerstars Casino|
|🎰 Best for Game Library||Royal Panda Casino|
|✔️ Best for Sports Betting||BetMGM Casino|
Financial Licence of PayPal
PayPal is arguably the most heavily regulated and licensed e-wallet provider, enjoying partnerships with highly reputable banking institutions such as Visa. The company holds licenses across the world, ensuring that it always gives customers the best service possible. In Canada, PayPal is overseen by the Financial Consumer Agency of Canada, delivering vital regulatory frameworks and market laws.
The Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario is the only Canadian regulator to currently authorize PayPal, although this isn’t the e-wallet’s fault. Other provinces are yet to enjoy a totally regulated market, which means PayPal is reluctant to work with sites in places like Alberta, British Columbia, and elsewhere.
While this can be a drawback for players not living in Toronto or other Ontario cities, it does mean that PayPal casinos have an even deeper level of security. If you’re playing at an online casino offering PayPal as a payment method, you can be 100% sure of its safety and regulation.
Alternatives to PayPal to Gamble
InstaDebit Casinos in Canada 2023See All Instadebit Casinos
Instadebit is a Canadian online payment system that allows users to make secure and fast transactions from their bank account to an online casino
Instadebit is supported by 192 casinos
Interac Casinos in Canada 2023See All Interac Casinos
Interac is a Canadian payment network that offers a variety of payment services, including Interac Debit, Interac e-Transfer, and Interac Flash.
Interac is supported by 557 casinos
Paysafecard Casinos in Canada 2023See All Paysafecard Casinos
Paysafecard is a trusted and widely-used payment platform, with many active users around the world.
Paysafecard is supported by 1156 casinos
PayPal Casinos in Canada 2023See All Paypal Casinos
PayPal is a trusted and widely-used payment platform, with over 400 million active users around the world.
Paypal is supported by 521 casinos
PayPal Customer Support
The PayPal customer support network is another major reason for its popularity as a casino payment method. Live agents are always at hand for any questions, either via the live chat, by email or by phone at 888-883-9770.
PayPal’s customer service extends to other areas, namely the Buyer Protection scheme. In its own words, this:
“entitles you to reimbursement for the full purchase price of the item plus the original shipping costs you paid, if any, when you don't receive your item from a seller, or when you receive an item, but the item isn't what you ordered.”
In an online casino context, it can help players claim unpaid winnings or even refund deposits if the operator has failed to live up to its promises regarding bonuses or games.
Do We Recommend PayPal Casinos?
We’re looking forward to seeing PayPal at more Canadian online casinos as an increasing number of provinces push forwards with regulation plans. The payment method has several clear benefits, with transaction speeds, security, and convenience all contributing to an exceptionally straightforward process. Moreover, features like the Buyer Protection scheme add an extra layer of security for players, which can never be a bad thing.
PayPal has come a long way since its initial partnership with eBay. The e-wallet works seamlessly with major banks and has top standards regarding encryption, safety, and integration. One of the only drawbacks at the moment is the lack of availability at Canadian casinos, although this is set to change in the future.
The transaction fees and limits can also be a slight problem, but the majority of gamblers won’t notice these. If you’re a high roller looking to win massive jackpots, it may be something to think about. Even still, we don’t think it should affect your overall decision.
All in all, PayPal is an exceptional online casino payment method! We hope it becomes more widely available as soon as possible.
PayPal Casinos FAQs
What Canadian online casinos accept PayPal?
Only Canadian casinos regulated by the Ontario Alcohol & Gaming Commission can currently accept PayPal.
Are there any fees for using PayPal to play at casinos?
Some platforms can have small fees for using PayPal.
Is it safe to use PayPal to gamble at online casinos?
Yes. PayPal has sophisticated encryption software and is the world’s most trusted e-wallet provider. As a result, it’s more than safe to use PayPal to gamble at online casinos.
- PayPal Canada - PayPal
- Which Is Safer: PayPal or a Credit Card? - Investopedia
- Digital Finance Basics: eWallets, Payment Portals - Global Village Space
- PayPal Alternatives for Canadian Businesses and Consumers - Wise