Last updated: April 2023
For the avoidance of doubt, personal data (or information) means any information about a person from which that person can be identified.
You can contact the data controller for any questions regarding your Personal Data at CasinoTopsOnline via the contact page.
What Personal Information Is Collected and How?
CasinoTopsOnline collects and processes data using the following categories:
Browsing the CasinoTopsOnline Website:
When you visit our site, we may automatically gather the following information:
- Technical data, such as Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, your internet service provider (ISP), your device, your location, your operating system and platform and other online identifiers. We treat this non-personal data with high security and only use it to optimize our website in line with user behaviour. In this way, we can assure the best possible experience.
- Mobile carrier data and device ID number.
- Full URL and page interaction history.
- Data from cookies.
Opting to Receive our Newsletter
Opting-in to our newsletter means we’ll record your name and email address. We’ll contact you via email when sending the newsletter and any specialized promotions you might enjoy. You’re free to unsubscribe at any time using the instructions in the email.
If you contact our support team for help, we will record any information you provide to us so we can help you more efficiently.
How Your Personal Information Is Used
- Marketing Content: If you have opted in to receive marketing communication and other updates, your email address and any additional contact details will be used. You will only receive this information if you’ve signed up for our mailing list and can unsubscribe at any time. Go to your User Account to modify any settings and customize what information you’d like to receive.
- CasinoTopsOnline will use your personal information if you enter any giveaways, competitions, raffles, or sweepstakes.
- If any account verification is required, we’ll use your information to do so.
- Our website can run targeted advertisements using your cookies and data history to deliver the most personalized recommendations possible. This is recorded either by ourselves or third-party analytics providers.
- The CasinoTopsOnline customer support team will use your information to help with any queries.
Data Categories We Hold
We are the main categories of personal data that we collect and process:
- Identity Data: Full name, title, date of birth, occupation, employment status, marital status, etc.
- Contact Data: Residential address, telephone number, email address
- Technical Data: IP address, login data, time zone, location, browser type, operating system and other information regarding the technology used to access the site.
- Profile Data: Username, password (encrypted), login times, logout times.
- Usage Data: Information regarding your user behaviour on the site.
- Marketing & Communications Data: Marketing preferences and how you like to be contacted.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Data?
You can ask us to delete your data at CasinoTopsOnline via the contact page. In that case, we will immediately delete all information aside from that which we may from time to time be required to retain by law.
You can also unsubscribe from our site using the link provided in the email. In that case, we won't contact you anymore with marketing-related communications.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
What Are Your Rights?
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data:
You have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request the erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons where we need to abide by applicable laws or where otherwise there is a legitimate interest for us not to comply with such request. Otherwise, you may ask users to delete all your personal data at any point in time, at which point we will use our best endeavours to adhere to your request.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we could refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within 30 calendar days. Occasionally it could take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
We will retain copies of any communications that you send to us (including copies of any emails) in order to maintain accurate records of the information that we have received from you.
You can also exercise your rights at any time via the contact page.
Is Your Data Secured?
The Site has implemented the necessary digital and infrastructure security measures at the physical IT and data storage facilities to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your information.
Your personal information will only be exposed to staff members of the Site who require access to certain data in order to perform the functions associated with their position in the company.
Your personal information is password-protected in a secure digital encryption environment.
We abide by all regulations for the protection of personal information.
You can learn more about our information security measures in our Security policy.
Who Do We Share Your Personal Data With?
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We may provide your personal data to its affiliates or related companies for legitimate business purposes.
We do seek to partner with companies who provide services, solutions and promotions we feel will be of value to our customers, and in such instances, we will provide you with any such services, solutions and promotions of such other companies.
We may release your information should we be required to do so by law in order to comply with any legal processes.
We transfer your personal data to our service providers or partners outside Canada. We shall only transfer your personal data outside Canada in the event that the respective countries and companies to which such data is to be transferred provide an adequate level of protection for your personal information.
Are We Responsible for Third Party Sites?
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the responsible local supervisory authority about our processing of your personal data.
We ask that you please attempt to resolve any issues with us first, although you have a right to contact your supervisory authority at any time.