Among some of the highlights of 2023, the tech billionaire visionaries, Elon Musk and Mark Zuckerberg, have expressed an intriguing interest towards resolving their differences within the UFC octagon. As the ever-intensifying technology race between the two reaches new highs, the idea of this impending match becomes more and more realistic. What initially seemed like another online banter between the two tech masters, is now potentially transformed into an actual head-to-head event.
Among the many bookies to entertain this hypothetical match, Unibet stands as the first to release the preliminary odds.
How Did the Potential Elon Musk vs. Mark Zuckerberg Cage Fight Start?
Since before Musk’s acquisition of Twitter, these two have been in an online feud for quite some time, with the tension now continuously increasing. And if you’ve been following them both on Twitter, you’re well aware of the jabs these two tech moguls have been taking at one another. However, things took an interesting turn when Musk replied to a tweet about Zuckerberg’s recent announcement of Twitter’s direct competitor, Threads.
After the editor-in-chief of the American news portal “The National Pulse”, Raheem Kassam, jokingly tweeted reminding Musk that Zuckerberg is now training Ju Jitsu, Musk replied saying that he would be up for a match if it came down to it! To which Zuckerberg brilliantly replied, “Send me location.” And the internet has lost it ever since.
Since then Musk has dedicated a portion of his tweets to taunt Zuckerberg with statements that include “I have this great move that I call “The Walrus”, where I just lie on top of my opponent & do nothing.”
UFC president Dana White immediately expressed his interest in this fight, and spoke to both Musk and Zuckerberg stating "I was talking to both Elon and Mark last night, both guys are absolutely dead serious about this"
At first when “The Verge” editor and author of the tech newsletter “Command Line”, Alex Heat tweeted about the feud, Musk replied expressing his interest to hold the match at the Vegas Octagon. And later, even the Colosseum in Rome was discussed as a potential arena. But while many rumours talk of hosting this once-in-a-lifetime event at the largest ancient amphitheatre in the world, the Italian Ministry of Culture denied any formal contact with the two.
At the time of writing, there were no official plans or dates set in stone for this iconic fight, but we’ll continue to closely monitor this feud, so keep an eye out on this page for more details as things start to unfold.
Elon Musk vs. Mark Zuckerberg
Here’s what you need to know for a real-life comparison between the two tech moguls:
|Elon Musk||Mark Zuckerberg|
|Age||52 years||39 years|
|Approximate Weight||85kg (13st 5lb)||Under 70kg (11st)|
|Height||1.87m (6ft 1in)||1.71m (5f 7in)|
|Net Worth||258.1b USD||110.5b USD|
Latest Development for Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg
Here, we will give you all the latest developments that have unfolded since the inception of this potential event.
- Twitter competitor, Threads, launched very successfully with over 100 million users and has been downloaded more than 184 million times worldwide, in only 5 days since it launched. This makes Threads one of the most successful social media platform launches thus far, with frustrated Twitter users fleeing to the new portal quickly.
- Since its inception on the 6th of July and its success in the first few days, now Threads users have plummeted down by around 75% of its users with the average time users spend on the app from 19 minutes down to 4 minutes. This came after Threads moved away from the hard news and political posts which Twitter offered.
- To make things worse, Threads users expressed concerns since their profiles could only be deactivated not deleted, since the only way to delete your Threads account is by also deleting the users' Instagram account.
- "Larry" the Twitter mascot now joined the dodo bird and is officially extinct. With Twitter rebranding to X.com, so far besides the changes that Elon has been making to Twitter since his takeover, has not announced any major changes to the app otherwise.
- On the 15th of August 2023, Musk tweeted in what seemed like a taunt directed towards Zuckerberg, that his opponent was continuously declining and "finding excuses" to not participate. After Zuckerberg declined Musk's proposal to take the UFC fight to Rome, Musk suggested Zuck's home stating it would be Mark's "Safe Space" to which Zuckerberg responded he would be travelling. So far it seems Musk is more dedicated to this fight taking place of the two.
Stay tuned to this post for more updates that surface from this online feud.
How Do Bookmakers Calculate Their Odds?
Bookmakers calculate odds using a combination of factors, including statistical analysis, market trends, and their own expertise. The goal is to set odds that attract betting on all possible outcomes. Here's a general overview of how bookmakers calculate odds:
- Probability Assessment: Bookmakers assess the probability of different outcomes for a particular event, such as the Musk vs Zuckerberg cage match. They consider various factors, including team/player structure and ability, historical performance, weather conditions, and any other relevant information that could influence the result.
- Converting Probability to Odds: Once the probabilities are determined, bookmakers convert them into odds. In the UK, odds are typically expressed in the fractional form (e.g., 2/1, 5/2) or decimal form (e.g., 3.00, 2.50), whereas in the US you will usually find the American form (e.g. +200, +250)
It's important to consider that odds may be subject to change over time due to factors such as betting activity, team news, or market changes. Bookmakers continuously adjust their odds to maintain a balanced book and manage their exposure to potential losses.
Why Aren’t Odds the Same for Different Bookmakers?
Odds are not the same for different bookmakers because each bookmaker independently sets their own odds based on their assessment of the event's probabilities and their business strategy. There are several reasons why odds may vary between bookmakers, some of them include:
- Risk Management: Bookmakers aim to manage their risks and liabilities effectively. If one bookmaker receives a large number of bets on a particular outcome, they may adjust the odds to attract bets on other outcomes minimising potential losses.
- Expertise and Analysis: Bookmakers may have different teams of experts and analysts who assess the probabilities of outcomes differently. Their varying methodologies, data sources, and approaches to calculating odds can lead to discrepancies in the odds they offer.
- Competitive Advantage: Bookmakers compete with each other to attract customers. Offering different odds allows them to differentiate their services and potentially attract bettors looking for better value or higher returns.
- External Influences: Events or news related to a specific event, such as injuries to key players or significant market changes, can cause bookmakers to adjust their odds independently to reflect the new information.
These are just a few examples of why odds may differ between one sportsbook and another. As a result, we compare odds from different bookmakers to help you find the most favourable terms when placing your bets.
What Bets Can You Place for the Musk vs. Zuckerberg UFC Fight?
Since the rumours began of the Musk vs Zuckerberg cage fight, many people are already hyping and looking for odds to place their wagers on the match. There are many different ways you could potentially place a bet, from simply guessing who the winning fighter will be to more complicated bets. If you're new to betting, you might find our online gambling guide useful.
Outright Winner Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg UFC Fight
Since the potential fight is only in talks at the moment, some casino sportsbooks have taken the opportunity to offer punters odds on the Outright Winner of the Musk vs Zuckerberg cage fight. So far, both fans of the feud and bookies are placing Elon Musk as the favourite to win outright, however, as the feud continues to unfold and match details are more concrete, this opinion may change.
Are There Any Other Markets That I Can Bet On?
At the time of writing, the only odds available from the best online bookmakers are only available for Outright Winner, however, this does not mean that other markets won’t be added in the future. There are a variety of markets that can be considered by bookies since the event is so far only speculation. Here’s what our predictions of future possible markets are for the Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg cage fight:
When will the fight take place?
One possible market that bookies can consider for the event is the timeline for the fight to take place. There are many factors that can affect the timeline of the fight, including physician training, securing a venue, calculating the risks, and of course generating publicity. Bookies may offer a betting market which will allow punters to wager on the fight happening by the end of this year, or alternatively in 2023, 2024 and so on.
Where will it happen?
With Vegas and the Colosseum already in the picture as potential arenas for the match, odds can become available for punters to wager on where the event will take place. Numerous venues have already expressed interest in hosting, and with the tech billionaires’ financial backing, who’s to say that the match can’t happen in space?
Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg specials
Besides the usual markets that are similar to other sports events, this event can even see some special markets become available. For example, one interesting market we predict will become available if the fight is more concrete, is the likelihood of each fighter being trained by professional athletes including the likes of former UFC Featherweight and Lightweight Champion Conor McGregor, boxing alumni Mike Tyson or even WWE legend John Cena.
How Do UFC Odds Work?
When you see odds for betting on any UFC match, they are generally expressed as a fraction, eg. 3/1. UFC odds tell you both the chances of that bet winning and the payout you'll get as a result.
So as an example, let's say Elon Musk to win the cage fight outright bet has odds of 7/2. If you compare that to Mark Zuckerberg, whose chances are currently set at around 1/6, you can see that Musk has a better chance of winning. A €20 bet on Musk to win would return you €70 in winnings, plus your stake back, based on those 7/2 odds.
The larger the odds, the more you stand to get back if you win, but the less chance there is of that happening. Of course, odds change all the time depending on many factors!
What Are the Current Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg Odds?
Odds for the potential Musk vs Zuckerberg are already being advertised at some top bookmakers and they may vary slightly (sometimes not so slightly!) from one bookie to the next. It's also important to note that odds change on a regular basis and can become outdated and inaccurate very quickly, especially for this event since at the time of writing is only a possibility. That said, here are the current odds available for the Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg UFC fight:
|Elon Musk to Win Outright||Mark Zuckerberg to Win Outright||Bookmaker|
How to Bet on Elon Musk vs Mark Zuckerberg
Betting on the Musk vs Zuckerberg is not only becoming really popular, but it's also very easy. Here's a look at the 5 simple steps to take if you want to bet on this intriguing and potential match:
Step 1: Register
The first thing you'll need to do in preparation for betting on the Musk vs Zuckerberg fight is to open an account at an online casino that includes a bookmaker (check the table towards the beginning of this article for our recommended sites). Registering is usually a very simple process involving entering your name, email address, postal address and phone number, and creating a username and password.
Step 2: Read the Terms and Conditions
It's crucial that you read your chosen site's Terms and Conditions as these explain both the site's responsibilities and what is expected of you as a member. There might be rules regarding betting, using bonuses or no deposit bonuses or cashing out that may be relevant to your plans to bet, so be sure to check them out.
Step 3: Claim Your Casino Bonus
Many online bookmakers offer new members a bonus, ie. extra funds on top of whatever you choose to deposit in order to bet. In most cases, the site's available casino sign-up bonus is credited once you've made a qualifying first deposit, but in others, you may need to enter a bonus code to claim it.
Step 4: Select the Market
Betting markets for this type of event are usually located in the online casino's sportsbook section under MMA/UFC or in their Special Markets section. Simply click the fight and you'll be presented with all available markets, which at the time of writing is limited to the Outright winner.
Step 5: Place Your Bets
To place your Musk vs Zuckerberg bet, simply click on the market you're interested in and it'll be added to the bet slip automatically. All you have to do then is enter your stake and click the button to place your bet.
Let the Musk vs Zuckerberg Fight Begin!
Whether you love it or hate it, the Elon Musk vs. Mark Zuckerberg cage match has been among the highlights of social media. While the duo’s online and industry feud is what brought on the idea of a champion match, for the most part, the idea is a fun and thrilling event. Just like with other popular events, the cage match between Musk and Zuckerberg offers the perfect opportunity to make things interesting with some betting.