Sports Betting Casino Sites & Guide
Sports betting has always been an integral part of online gambling. With the right knowledge, you can place bets on national and international leagues across a variety of sports, there is potential to maximise your chances of walking away with a won bet.
If you’re new to sports betting or looking to discover betting strategies, you’ve definitely come to the right place because on this page, you’ll find in-depth knowledge covering a range of topics, including the different types of bets to place in an array of different sports, sports bonuses, detailed betting guides, and bankroll management, to name a few.
Best Online Sports Betting Sites 2022
How Do Sports Betting Odds Work?
There’s a lot of work that’s done to determine what odds to offer, from looking at what odds are being offered by other bookmakers to previous match results, and real-time factors such as injuries, substitutions and weather. With these odds, you will be able to get an idea of how likely a team/individual will perform and what the potential payout based on a successful bet would be.
There are 3 different ways in which betting odds may be presented:
Most popular in the US, these odds are known as ‘Moneyline Odds' and work differently for favourites and underdogs. For favourites, the odds work by showing the amount of money required to bet to win $100. Whereas, for underdogs, the positive number indicates the potential winning amount if you risk $100.
Fractional odds are mostly used in the UK and were traditionally used in horse racing. These fractional odds showcase the amount to be win compared with the amount wagered.
Mostly used in Europe, Australia and Canada, the decimal odds indicate the actual amount which will be paid out on a won bet. Decimal values are commonly used to represent the margins for over/under bets and are set at 0.5 intervals. They can be changed according to the situation to more than 1.5 goals, 3.5 goals, 0.5 goals, and others according to the situation.
Nowadays, more online sportsbooks will provide you with the option to change between American, Fractional and Decimal odds.
Best Sports to Bet On
Knowing which sport to bet on is half the job since it requires you to have prior knowledge about the rules and regulations and the general workings of the sport. If you bet on a sport you've been following for a long time, chances are you'll make more correct predictions about the said sport as compared to a sport that you don't know much about. That being said, here is a list of the best sports which you can bet on:
Football is one of the most popularly played and watched sports on the planet, so it is no surprise that it is at the top of our list. But to understand more about what football betting is, people need to be aware of the different kinds of bets that can be placed on different aspects of the game:
- Football 1X2: it is probably the most basic and popular bet involving gambling and requires people to bet on the result of a match with just three options: Home Win, Away Win, and Draw. The 1X2 represents the outcomes of a match, with 1 representing a home win, 2 representing an away win, and the X representing a draw between the two teams.
- Football over/under goal: you can bet on if the total number of goals scored in a game will be higher (over) or lower (under) than the goal total, according to the conditions of the bet. How it works is that bettors (people who bet) are offered the odds on several possible goals total, which could happen in a match, and the bettor is required to predict whether the total goal tally at the end of the match will be over 5 goals or under.
- Football double chance: this provides bettors with a chance to back two of the three outcomes mentioned for a single stake. Meaning you can get shorter odds to bet on two outcomes in one bet which increases the security of the bet and the chances of winning significantly.
- Football no draw no bet: it is a kind of betting system which allows bettors only two outcomes, a win or a loss, thus removing the third outcome of a draw. While this reduces the probability of winning for the better, it also reduces the probability of losing a bet and reassures the players since they know that their stake money will be returned to them in the case of a draw.
- Football home no bet: this removes the possibility of a home win, thus providing bettors with only the options of betting on the away side winning, or betting on a draw. Although this type of bet is not popularly used, it can be useful in a scenario where you want to back an underdog to win, but you know the other team has a higher chance.
- Football number of goals: several goals bets are placed by bettors on the total number of goals being scored, regardless of a win, draw, or loss. So, in this case, instead of betting on a particular team or outcome, people bet on the score line’s total.
- Football half time result: although new, many online bookmakers have started to offer a half-time result market, which, as the name suggests, gets settled at the half-time of the match. It is similar in all other aspects to the 1X2 bet, which gives you options to bet on a home win, an away win, or a draw – the only difference is that whatever happens till half time is what counts.
- Football full-time result: it is similar in all other aspects to the 1X2 bet, which gives you options to bet on a home win, an away win, or a draw. This type of bet can come in handy for someone who knows that they have a stronger 2nd half team or just someone confident on their team winning when the full-time whistle is blown.
- Football correct score: involves predicting the correct score at the end of the match and requires a lot of skill and prior knowledge about the game, the teams, how they're playing, and what form they are in. The scores are usually quoted as "home team score – away team score," so it is crucial to check it and place the bet on the right team.
- Football team goals: this bet requires you to bet on the minimum number of goals scored by the team of your choice. This bet comes in handy when you know that even though your team's defence is a little shaky, their attack is good enough to score a few goals, and you can predict the minimum number of goals scored.
- Football goal scorers: it is as simple as it sounds; punters place a bet on a particular player to score a goal – the punter wins if the player scores, otherwise they lose. In this type of bet, the bettor needs to be very aware of the player's current run, and his/her attributes.
- Football red card yees/no: this kind of betting system requires that at least one player is shown a red card in the entirety of the game, regardless of which team he belongs to. Neither the team nor the outcome matter in this situation. If a referee awards a red card, the bet is won.
- Football number of penalties: bettors can decide how many penalties will be awarded during the game. This bet requires doing a lot of research on the number of penalties awarded during a season, which team wins more penalties, etc. For example, according to statistics, one penalty is awarded in the Serie A and La Liga after every three matches.
From the age of Michael Jordan to the times of LeBron James, the sport of basketball has seen some fantastic legends run, play, dunk, block, and win at the game, and as exciting as watching basketball is in itself, it's even more exciting when you've got money on the line. Here are the different kinds of bets that can be placed on basketball:
- Basketball team to win: all punters have to do is calculate and predict which team they think will win. If the team wins, their bet wins. If the team loses, their bet loses. Because of the high-scoring nature of the sport, draws/ties are very rare in basketball. If the score is tied at the end of regulation of play, rules dictate that extra periods be taken—however, many are required (5 minutes each) to decide a clear winner of the game.
- Basketball totals: this kind of bet is placed on the combined score of both teams. The basketball totals bet works the same way as the over/under. The bookmaker determines a number so the bettor can place a wager on the over/under of that bet.
- Basketball winning margin: In a winning margin betting, bettors are given a margin for their team to win by. Simply put, you have to predict the margin by which your team will win by. A good example could be a game between the LA Lakers and Chicago Bulls. The booker has the LA Lakers at 4/6 with a 6+ points margin to win. LA puts on a show, beating the Bulls 90-96. In this case, the bet wins because there is a 6 point difference between the final scores of the two teams.
Tennis Betting is prevalent because of the different things that punters can bet on and because the random factor is minimised in the sport. For example, football and basketball have many different variables that are contributed by over 20 players on a field that can drastically change a seemingly accurate prediction. Tennis has only two players and no variable factors like red cards and injuries, thus making the prediction easier and more accurate. The different kinds of betting in tennis include:
- Tennis player to win: it simply means choosing the player/team to win. All a bettor has to do is know the two players and their games very well so he/she can correctly predict the possible winner.
- Tennis exact score: punters need to choose a winner of a set and also specify the points the player wins by. Some online bookmakers stop the bets before the set begins, while others choose to offer the bets through the first few games of the set.
- Tennis set score: punters need to decide how many sets each player will win. For example, in a match between Nadal and Djokovic, if Nadal wins three sets and Djokovic wins 2, the punter will have to specify who wins how many sets for their bet to be successful.
- Tennis total matches: bettors have to specify whether the match will be over or under a precise number of games. Each set can have a maximum of 13 games, with the 13th game being the tiebreaker, unless a margin of two games is necessary for a certain Grand Slam
- Tennis tie-break set 1: this bet is a straightforward and clean, 2-way win or lose bet, and comes in handy when the match is drawn and goes to a tiebreaker. Most bookers even allow punters to bet on whether there will be a tiebreaker in the match or not. Bettors have to decide who will win the tiebreaker set and be victorious if they predict the right winner.
Although not that popular, volleyball betting has undoubtedly been on the rise since it provides punters with a unique and equally rewarding alternative. But since it is such a niche market, there is value in learning about the different kinds of betting which are possible in volleyball:
- Volleyball team to win: bettors have to bet on which team will win one, also known as the money line bet. Predict the winning team correctly, and you win the bet!
- Volleyball total score: this does not predict who will win, but by how much their score will be over or under the number specified by the bookmaker.
- Volleyball correct score: the volleyball correct score bet does require punters to predict who wins since it requires them to bet on the correct score from the volleyball match in terms of sets, which can be from 3-0 to 3-2 for indoor volleyball and from 2-0 to 2-1 for beach volleyball.
Betting on Boxing is perhaps more personal than any other sport. It is simple, quick, raw, and decisive, precisely what most bettors are looking for. But as quick and straightforward as it is, it does offer some exciting kinds of bets for punters:
- Boxer to win: punters just have to predict and decide which fighter will win the fight. If the fighter wins, the punter wins. And if the fighter loses, the punter loses.
- Boxing fight over ten rounds: though risky, this bet offers a lot of excitement and big rewards. Punters have to predict if the fight goes over the 10th round. If the 10th round is up and the chosen fighter is still standing, the punter wins.
Baseball is known among the sports betting community as a market for sharp bettors. Many bettors utilise the thousands of fixtures played around the year by creating a large sample size and taking it through an analytical approach to making successful bets. To get to that level though, first, you need to know about the different ways to bet in baseball:
- Baseball moneyline: you put your money on the line for the player/team you think is going to win. If a punter decides to bet $100 on an underdog, he will win the number behind the plus sign. If a punter wants to win $100 by betting on an experienced or favourite team, they have to bet the number following the minus sign.
- Baseball run line spread: it is relatively common in Major League baseball, but not as common as the money-line bet or the over/under the line, which is why many beginner bettors might not be familiar with the run line spread. Run line betting in baseball is almost similar to NFL spread betting, but not entirely.
- Baseball totals: punters simply wager on the total number of runs they will be scored by both teams combined. However, to do this, bettors must have adequate prior knowledge about the game, the recent form of the teams, and their recent scoring abilities to make an accurate prediction.
- Baseball extra innings: Punters have to predict whether there will be an extra-inning played after the initial five innings or not. This knowledge is useful where you know two big teams are clashing up against each other and will be very well matched, increasing the chances for extra innings.
Best Sites to Bet on Sports
Although many online sites will allow you to be on different sports, here are our top favourites, especially hand-picked for you!
Sports Betting Bonuses
Almost all the top online betting sites offer different bonuses for punters joining or coming for the first time. The bonuses offered to bettors vary a little depending on which online casino you're visiting, but most of them do have the following:
Bookmakers usually offer free bets to new customers who open an account on the online casino. Typically, a bettor will automatically qualify for a free bet bonus when they open their first account with the bookmaker.
Reduced Juice can be considered a bonus promotional offering to new punters joining the online casino. Taking into account the hundreds of bets that a punter can make over a season, the money can add up to a lot. Reduced Juice allows bettors to risk less and win more.
VIP or Cashback
This bonus considers the loyalty customers show to online casinos and rewards them accordingly. Most casinos have different levels, starting from copper, bronze, and ending on diamond and VIP status. Cashbacks typically start at 5% on lost bets, possibly getting to 20% cashback on lost bets for the top-level members.
Another way of showing appreciation to the customers by online casinos is by offering them reload bonuses, which is essentially a bonus granted to the customers of the online casino when they deposit more money in their online casino accounts.
No Deposit Bonus
No Deposit Bonuses are straightforward – players are eligible for free money provided by the casino (usually $5 to $10) after they sign up to the website and agree with the terms and conditions provided, without depositing any money.
Refer a Friend
Another straightforward bonus, refer to a friend bonus, is offered to users of the website when they suggest it to a friend. The bonus amount received varies, though, and can be checked by visiting a specific online casino.
Sports Betting FAQ
Looking to find out more information about betting on sports online? Check the frequently asked questions below to find the answers!
Which sports can I bet on now?
You can place bets on matches in local and international leagues including the Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, NBA, National Hockey League (NHL) and Indian Premier League amongst others.
Can I bet on sports online?
Yes. A lot of online casinos and betting sites provide safe and secure options for betting on sports online.
How do sports bets work?
Sports betting is simple – you put a bet on the sporting event of your choice and set an amount that you can either win or lose, depending on the bet's nature.
In which states can you bet on sports?
Recently legalized sports betting states include Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee, along with previously legalized Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and West Virginia.
Which is the sport with the best odds?
Usually, horse racing is considered the sport with the best betting odds, but it can generally vary from punter to punter on what they like to bet on, how they bet, and what they're interested in.