Online casino punters around the world jump at the opportunity to claim a special online casino bonus whenever possible.
It makes sense, doesn’t it? The chance to earn bonus cash or free spins when making a deposit seems like an awesome idea. But there are definite pitfalls to choosing to use casino bonuses.
After questioning many high rollers, it has been revealed that a large majority choose to avoid online casino bonuses whenever possible.
The cons can often outweigh the pros, especially when considering the limits that can be placed on cashing out.
Let’s take a look at the different pros and cons of claiming an online casino bonus.
Casino Bonuses: The Pros
- Bonus cash – It’s always a great feeling when making a deposit into your account and making use of a bonus means having more than what you estimated. You can use your bonus cash rewards to play the games you love and potentially win big! Bonus cash can often be found when claiming welcome bonuses or special promotions.
- Free spins – Claim free spins via promotions or special bonuses and you’ll have access to awesome online casino games. Free spins are often valid for the most popular online casinos such as Starburst or Gonzo’s Quest. These well-known slots provide a fun player experience while still offering the chance to win impressive sums of cash.
- Multiple bonuses – Many online casinos provide multiple bonuses, either in the form of extra cash or free spins. These offers increase your bankroll with more than one deposit bonus and they are usually available when signing up at an online casino for the first time. These bonuses allow players to extend that new casino feeling by grabbing fantastic bonuses and encouraging extra deposits. They’re great for new players and can often lead to decent payouts.
- Try new games – Free spins can lead to exciting discoveries of new online slots. If a promotion rewards you with free spins on a slot you’ve never explored (or a newly released slot), it can be a fantastic opportunity to discover something new without spending any cash.
Casino Bonuses: The Cons
- Wagering requirements – While bonus cash is fantastic, wagering requirements can put a damper on a big win. Having to wager a win a certain number of times before being able to withdraw your cash, can be disheartening. Especially when those spins lead to an empty bankroll.
- Cashout limits – The cashout limits on many casino bonuses are one of the main reasons that high rollers steer clear. What’s the point of claiming a $100 bonus and winning a huge sum of cash, only to be told that there’s a $1000 cashout limit? Conditions such as these portray the importance of reading all terms before spending any cash on casino bonuses.
- Expiration dates – It’s not uncommon for an online casino bonus or promotion to stipulate a certain number of days for rewards to be valid. Promotions can often state that free cash or spins are only valid for a short period of time before they expire and can no longer be used. If you missed this point while reading the terms and conditions, it can be extremely disappointing.
Whether you choose to enjoy bonuses or not, always be sure to read the terms and conditions of any online casino you join. Most of all, play safely and responsibly!
Looking for a new online casino to explore? Take a look at our top 10 online casino reviews for 2017.