The cold winter months have come and gone and it’s time to embrace the warmer weather. If you’re not quite ready to greet the spring by going outdoors you can enjoy the beauty of it from your home.Read more
The Pros and Cons of Online Casino Bonuses
Online casino punters around the world jump at the opportunity to claim a special online casino bonus whenever possible.
It makes sense, doesn’t it? The chance to earn bonus cash or free spins when making a deposit seems like an awesome idea. But there are definite pitfalls to choosing to use casino bonuses.
After questioning many high rollers, it has been revealed that a large majority choose to avoid online casino bonuses whenever possible.
The cons can often outweigh the pros, especially when considering the limits that can be placed on cashing out.
Let’s take a look at the different pros and cons of claiming an online casino bonus.
Casino Bonuses: The Pros
- Bonus cash – It’s always a great feeling when making a deposit into your account and making use of a bonus means having more than what you estimated. You can use your bonus cash rewards to play the games you love and potentially win big! Bonus cash can often be found when claiming welcome bonuses or special promotions.
- Free spins – Claim free spins via promotions or special bonuses and you’ll have access to awesome online casino games. Free spins are often valid for the most popular online casinos such as Starburst or Gonzo’s Quest. These well-known slots provide a fun player experience while still offering the chance to win impressive sums of cash.
- Multiple bonuses – Many online casinos provide multiple bonuses, either in the form of extra cash or free spins. These offers increase your bankroll with more than one deposit bonus and they are usually available when signing up at an online casino for the first time. These bonuses allow players to extend that new casino feeling by grabbing fantastic bonuses and encouraging extra deposits. They’re great for new players and can often lead to decent payouts.
- Try new games – Free spins can lead to exciting discoveries of new online slots. If a promotion rewards you with free spins on a slot you’ve never explored (or a newly released slot), it can be a fantastic opportunity to discover something new without spending any cash.
Casino Bonuses: The Cons
- Wagering requirements – While bonus cash is fantastic, wagering requirements can put a damper on a big win. Having to wager a win a certain number of times before being able to withdraw your cash, can be disheartening. Especially when those spins lead to an empty bankroll.
- Cashout limits – The cashout limits on many casino bonuses are one of the main reasons that high rollers steer clear. What’s the point of claiming a $100 bonus and winning a huge sum of cash, only to be told that there’s a $1000 cashout limit? Conditions such as these portray the importance of reading all terms before spending any cash on casino bonuses.
- Expiration dates – It’s not uncommon for an online casino bonus or promotion to stipulate a certain number of days for rewards to be valid. Promotions can often state that free cash or spins are only valid for a short period of time before they expire and can no longer be used. If you missed this point while reading the terms and conditions, it can be extremely disappointing.
Whether you choose to enjoy bonuses or not, always be sure to read the terms and conditions of any online casino you join. Most of all, play safely and responsibly!
Looking for a new online casino to explore? Take a look at our top 10 online casino reviews for 2017.
Latest News View all
The Atlantic Club used to be a people's favorite for a long time and was owned and operated by Colony Capital. Over the years, the club had many different names, including Golden Nugget, Bally’s Grand, The Grand, and Atlantic City Hilton (ACH).Read more
With sports events returning to the airwaves, it’s the perfect time to get involved in fantasy sports betting. But how’s the best way to leverage this for betting online and at home? We’ve taken a dive into the world of fantasy sports to advise you on how to make the most of it.Read more
Sweepstakes are amazing fun – and in a casino it makes the fun even greater! With the fast-paced fun that you find on a casino regularly, sweepstakes add an extra touch of excitement. So what makes them so great, and how does a sweepstake work, especially in a casino? We’ve tried to answer those questions here. Read on to learn more about them.Read more
Amidst the doom and gloom of COVID-19, there are one or two gems of good news, including one lucky LA resident's progressive jackpot win just a day after lockdown reopening!Read more
The past few months have results in a drastic revenue loss for many US states where casino games are legal. For states such as Pennsylvania where online casino games are legal gambling industries has been saved from a total collapse. While brick and mortar casinos has been forced to shut their doors due to the pandemic, online casinos in the US are still accessible in states where online gambling is legal.Read more
As all others, the UK economy has experienced significant and long-lasting impacts from the coronavirus crisis. Every industry from the hospitality to the retail, education and entertainment has had to change and adapt in these trying times. The gambling industry like all others have felt the impact of the coronavirus which resulted in massive lockdown in March.Read more
A lucky woman in Blackpool, England cashed in a whopping £1,000,000 through Pragmatic Play’s Wolf Gold-themed scratchcard. The woman is an NHS employee and in a twist of remarkable events became the very first 2020 PlayOJO millionaire in the UK!Read more
If you missed out on Pragmatic Play’s Drop & Wins promotion or simply loved it so much, you’ll be pleased to know that you can still be in the chance to win a share of the mega prize pool worth €/£2,000,000 in cash prizes!Read more