People around the world have access to credit cards. Having access to a credit card has become easier and easier, and retailers know this and are sure to take advantage of that fact. The main reason credit cards are so very popular is due to their convenience. It makes ordering goods, paying for services, and of course, playing online at the best online casinos that much easier.
Credits are widely accepted and every online casino that values its players will have some form of online casino facility that can be used for depositing and withdrawing. In fact, Mastercard and VISA may just be two of the most well-known symbols around the world. In the United States, there are many legal issues surrounding transactions that could cause issues, but not impossible.
One of the main plus sides to having a credit card is being able to play at online casino sites.
Of course, it’s not wise to simply use your credit card without the correct security. Credit cards may be convenient, but with the correct, easily attained information, your credit card could be used illegally and without your permission.
Blocked credit card transactions
We’ve all experienced that frustrating moment when a credit card transaction fails, but if you’re an online gambler in the United States, there may be a good reason. After legislation was passed in 2006 that deemed online casinos as illegal, it has become increasing difficult to use credits online for this purpose. The bill is called the UIGEA or the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act and the act doesn’t target individuals who choose to gamble online, but instead deals with banks directly. It’s because of the UIGEA that banks block any and all transactions that are marked as being connected to online casinos.
It was due to the passing of this bill that made depositing and withdrawing from online casino almost impossible for players. Unfortunately, the backlash of this law being passed was the departure of many legitimate gambling operators.
When these legitimate operators left the US and moved internationally, it became somewhat possible for players to deposit into their accounts once more. They do this by processing the transactions with an international code, but withdrawing from online casinos accounts is still almost impossible. In cases like this, the only way to withdraw from online casino accounts is by using cheques or money transfers.
Making a deposit at an online casino
It’s a very simple process to make your first deposit at an online casino. Of course, to start the process you will need to sign up for an account. Follow the step by step instructions by simply reading everything on your screen. If you’re not comfortable with one of the terms and conditions, either contact the casino’s support team and query the issue or close the tab and move on. Once you’re happy with your casino choice and you’ve completed the sign up process, follow these steps and make your first deposit.
While this may change from casino to casino, the basics should remain the same.
- Access the cashier area of your preferred online casino. This could either be via your browser or the downloaded software.
- Once in the cashier, you will have the choice of depositing or withdrawing. Choose deposit and then choose to make your deposit with your credit card.
- Make your choice of which credit card you’d like to use. Mastercard and VISA are the most popular with a select few casinos offering Amex as an option.
- Always double check that your casino offers a secure connection when entering your credit card details. It’s always important that your credit card details are safe and secure.
- Fill in your credit card details and choose how much you wish to deposit at that time. When making your first deposit, first see which welcome bonuses you could take advantage of.
You should have an answer almost immediately as to whether or not your transaction has been accepted. If your bank has declined the transaction, you may have a few alternatives to choose from.
- Try another card - A different bank may accept the transactions more easily than your preferred bank.
- Chat to casino support - Thanks to dealing with these issues every day, the support staff at your casino may have some advice.
- Purchase a pre-paid credit card - If your bank accepts these cards, it may be the safest way to make a deposit.
- Make use of money transfers – US players often make use of money transfers as their deposit alternative. While this option means money takes a little longer to reach your casino, it is a safe option with very little risk.
Credit cards are convenient, easy to use, and a real life saver in a pinch. Always make sure that you’re comfortable with using your credit card at your preferred casino and that the transaction will be safe. If you ever have any questions, ask your casino support team immediately.
Latest News View All
The Welcome Summer Challenge is now on and you’re invited to claim special rewards simply for being a loyal PlayFrank customer …
There’s no better way to start the week than by cashing in on awesome rewards at a top-notch online casino such as Kaboo Casino …
If you've always dreamed of jetting off to Dubai, then don't miss out on your chance to be a winner at EnergyCasino! From the …
Winning a huge jackpot while spinning the reels of a fun slot is something all punters dream of achieving. But how would you …
If you've ever played at an online casino, you'll know that bonuses are a great way to get a little extra bang for your buck ...
If you enjoy indulging in casino games, but you miss the interaction of a land-based casino, live dealer games are for you ...
Brand new to the online casino market, House of Jack is already proving itself to be a top contender as a number one Australian …
Gaming Innovation Group will be removing their popular iGaming online casino brands from Australia ...
Are you a geek who loves slots? Here are 8 of the best casino games that tick all the right boxes on our geeky checklist ...