When we play in our favourite casinos, we exchange our real money for chips. And whilst these tokens might feel plastic, they are still considered a form of currency. This makes the chips attractive to criminals who still try to produce counterfeits. Amazingly enough, casino croupiers often state that it’s an easier task to make fake money than chips these days. But what do you look for when you are playing? What do you do if you find a bunch of casino chips? In this article, we will give you the full lowdown on how to protect yourself and what the casinos do to keep you safe. We’ll also let you know how counterfeiting criminals are dealt with in the USA.Read more
Most Secure UK Casinos
Unless you’ve been hiding under a large rock, you’ll notice that the internet is awash with online casinos right now. It feels sometimes like a new site pops up every day. And the vast selection of platforms on offer can be confusing to even the most focused players.
But which sites can you put your trust into? Not to mention your hard-earned cash. It can be a minefield, especially for UK players. Unless an online casino holds a UKGC gambling license, then they should not be offering their services in the UK. Unlike many other countries around the world which can operate under a variety of different licenses.
All of this can leave players in the UK a bit dazed as to which sites they can feel safe with. And when we feel safe, we can relax and enjoy ourselves more. This is what online gambling is all about!
This is why we have put together the list below, to save you time and hassle. You can trust that each of these online casinos has been rigorously tested by our experts.
Safety Factors of Secure UK Casinos
- Payment Options: These should be from recognised and trustworthy companies. After all, we are sharing our financial details with these 3rd party payment processors. Many providers are very strict with who they are associated with as they don’t want to ruin their hard-earned reputations by a rogue online casino.
- Gambling License: This should be issued by the UK Gambling Commission. At the bottom of the main casino lobby page, you should be able to see the regulators logo. If you click on this it should take you to the UKGC’s homepage where you can view the actual gambling license. It’s always a good thing if a site is owned and operated by a company that has more than 1license. Obtaining UKGC regulation is a hard and costly task in itself for any online casino. Let alone also getting licensed by the Malta Gaming Authority (MGA) for example, as well as other tough regulators around the world.
- Fair Gaming: A secure UK online casino should always display its games RTPs clearly. Reputable game providers should also hold their own UKGC licenses so that they can legally offer their games to UK casinos. Some sites will also subject every aspect of their online casino to independent testing agencies. These companies then assign a certificate to the site to state that it operates fairly and with integrity.
- Security: This goes without saying of course, but it’s important to be familiar with how any online casino protects your details. Trusted sites should use encryption methods. These wrap extra layers of security around your personal details and financial transactions.
- Reputation: Online casinos which proudly display various industry recognised awards, as well as working in association with reputable review sites can give us more peace of mind. Any secure UK casino should also work in association with responsible gambling organisations to ensure players have a safe and positive experience. As well as being able to quickly get the help and support if they should need it.
- Terms and Conditions: Not something which gets us excited either, but these are an important factor of a trustworthy UK site. The small print should always be clear and easy to understand with no hidden meanings.
The UK’S Most Secure Casinos
You can rest assured that each of these sites ticks all of the boxes from the list above. In fact, these UK online casinos are so secure that they all come with extra safety features.
- One of the UK’s oldest and most recognised gambling brands;
- Holds a total of 3 credible gambling licenses;
- All games and brand certified by eCOGRA;
- Invests in player protection with its own 888 responsible gaming organisation.
- eCogra accredited with assured safety;
- IBIA registered to ensure fairness in sports betting;
- More than one gambling license.
- Super clear terms and conditions;
- Multiple award-winning UK online casinos;
- RNG and iTech Labs independently tested;
- Reputable site with 15+ years of industry experience.
- iTech Labs is affiliated with all aspects of site security and compliance;
- RNG certified games to ensure reliability and fair payouts;
- Trustpilot is affiliated with a 4* rating for customer satisfaction.
William Hill Casino
- Licensed by more than one gambling regulator;
- Established brand with 50+ years of experience of offering gambling services in the UK;
- IBAS registered for independent adjudication if required;
- Extra responsible gaming help is available via the William Hill gambling care website.
- 52+ land-based casinos and one of the UK’s most trusted gambling brands;
- Feefo affiliated with an excellent reputation for customer service;
- Brand licensed by more than gambling regulator;
- Accredited by the independent Safer Gambling Standard organisation.
- Has won many industries recognised awards;
- Established online UK casino with more than 20 years of experience;
- Licensed by more than one strong regulator;
- Member of EGBA and IBIA for extra reassurance of fair gaming and sports betting,
Latest News View all
Who are the gamblers who've made it to the top? It was a difficult task to put together this list and it caused huge debates in our offices. But after much discussion, we narrowed it down to 10 famous gamblers. Here we take a look at the highs and lows of career gambling as well as the millions of dollars of profits.Read more
Getting started at an online casino shouldn’t need to cost the earth. With a deposit of C$20, you can unlock some great deals and a top-class experience at many sites in Canada. C$20 deposit casinos are popular and whilst there are loads out there - should you trust them with your cash?Read more
Italy and England will face each other on Sunday at Wembley in what has been an existing European Championship tournament. Hosted a year later due to the pandemic, the Euro 2020 will come to an end on Sunday at 3 pm, with the final taking place at Wembley. Is it coming home? Or is it coming to Rome? Let’s see what the bookmakers say.Read more
Let’s face it, most of us love a bonus. These are the joyous treats that keep us ticking and give us that little bit extra. Making us feel welcome at our favourite online casinos, or rewarding us for our loyalty. They come in all different shapes and sizes these days, as sites compete for our business.Read more
Crypto bring with it new opportunities and for all those online casino players who prefer to use cryptocurrencies for their gambling payments, we know of several online casinos that support Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum and other cryptocurrencies as a payment method. So, which of these sites can we recommend for 2021?Read more
It is always a momentous occasion when someone wins an online jackpot from a casino. And while many of us believe that they do not come around so frequently, several big winners were recorded in 2020. So, keep playing and you never know, you could be the very next person to claim a jackpot payout. Let’s have a look at the biggest online jackpot wins of 2020.Read more
UK online casinos that offer a £100 deposit bonus are quite common, especially as we see an increase in the number of online casinos, which results in greater competition between them - and better offers for players!Read more
Bankroll Warriors is our hit casino podcast, offering you a look into the world of the best slot games online at the top casinos around. So get right for lights, camera, and spin! Whether you’re after discovering the best bonuses or just after some suggestions for a new game, our new all-star streamer team has got what you need.Read more
You've watched the show, and now you want to play along with the Jon and Drew themselves - read on to find out how to get the best promos to maximise your bankroll with the Bankroll Warriors!Read more
Europe is a hotbed for casino gaming activity, and there’s little wonder. With locations like Monte Carlo, London and Malta all playing host to exciting casino escapades, it has quite the popular appeal for players. It is also due to this that many online casino slots have become popular in their own right with players from the continent. So, which ones can be considered the five favourites of European casino players? We’ve got a look at each of these and their inbuilt features below.Read more