New Jersey is known as the most gambling friendly state in America. After almost 3 years of online gambling being legal one can’t help but wonder how things have been since the legalisation took place.
“Here are 9 of the most interesting facts
on online gambling in New Jersey.”
1. The High Rollers
There are a group of players who dedicate a lot of their time to their online hobby. These players make-up about 10% of the online gamblers in New Jersey and they are the ones who’ve gambled for about 158 days of the year. Some of them have even gone as far as gambling all 365 days of the year. Interestingly enough, the largest percentage of this 10% is made up of female gamblers (53%) while men make out 46% of the total. These players placed approximately 440 bets a day with an average daily wager of $4.
2. The Risk Taker
One player in particular has grown to love online gambling so much that he has spent about $78.76 million in one year. It is unclear how much of this money was won and recycled back into the casino but this guy definitely isn’t afraid to take chances.
3. The Participation Breakdown
The Shore region had the most people participating in all types of online gambling whereas those in the Delaware region took a liking to casinos only. The Southern Shore showed very little interest and another big surprise is the fact that Atlantic City had much less participation than expected.
4. Lucky Lunch Break
According to statistics, the biggest wagers are placed between 9 am and 12 pm. These statistics suggest that players prefer to bet before work or during lunch and have also shown that most online gamblers do in fact have jobs. 31% of gamblers have admitted to gambling at work during work hours.
5. The Gender Gap
Studies has shown that there was a large gap between male (72,000) and female (21,000) gamblers participating in casinos, poker, and poker tournaments back in 2014. The gender gap is now significantly smaller among casino-only gamblers of which 60% are men and 40% are women.
6. Pros and Cons of Online Gambling
Online gambling has gained a lot of popularity over the years as it allows you access to all the games you enjoy 24/7 and provides a certain sense of comfort. On the downside, online casinos can be addictive and more difficult to get away from than land-based casinos.
7. Players of All Ages
Generally, online casinos attract older generations but online casinos have put a lot of effort into making casinos attractive and applicable to people of all ages. Anyone from 21 to 98 could start playing with the average player being 38 years old. Most players making use of online gambling fall between the age groups of 25 and 34.
8. Player Totals
There are 378,103 people in New Jersey with online casino accounts. Only 28% of these accounts are being used. 95,000 of the sign-ups were by women and 200,000 by men, the rest failed to provide gender information.
9. Responsible Gambling Feature
Most online casino users seem to be quite responsible and have been making use of responsible gambling features. The total users of this feature totals 13,422 players of which women made up 40% and men made up the other 60%.
Latest News View All
The exclusive release of this brand new slot will put you ahead of the pack and allow you to experience the thrill of this ...
The Christmas craziness continues at Thrills Casino with many more ways to be a winner. Grab great bonuses, solve the riddles ...
The Christmas Cash Calendar at Mr Smith Casino is your opportunity to win and with prize pools of up to €12,500, opening a ...
Take a look at the ins and outs of playing free slots and find out why The SpinRoom should be your number one free slots ...
A recent study done by Oxford University shows that online gambling is much less addictive than traditional gambling ...
All casinos have their own way of offering these bonuses and it would be crazy to miss out on making the most of these ...
The simplest of penny slots can be the most enjoyable, but there are also certain slots that have fantastic high-tech features ...
Gambling software developers put a lot of effort and time into creating gambling apps that can compete with the desktop versions ...
Online casinos are always popping up which is great for casino lovers but there are some risks involved in using any online service ...